Author Topic: WOOOOO I've done it  (Read 2450 times)

Jane the Novice

• Half Acre
WOOOOO I've done it
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:44:22 »
My new bed is finished. I eventually cut out about 2 yards of heavy clay which took it down to 1 spade depth all round.Have taken a few piccies. When I figure out how to post them on here I will do so. Bed is now planted up mostly with stuff I already had in pots plus a few new bits (of course). I am really proud of myself as I have never undertaken such a large project on my own and it now looks beautiful.

wardy

• Hectare
Re: WOOOOO I've done it
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 10:00:39 »
Well done.  Good for you  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

supernan

• Half Acre
  • Chief mushroom compost digger, Bud
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 10:06:22 »
 :) Hey that's great.

Try photobucket, i struggled with pics till some kind A4A member put me onto this site.
Supernan!!

Jane the Novice

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 10:10:55 »
Him indoors thinks I have gone completely bonkers! I now spend every available minute in the garden plotting and planning what I am going to do next. I'm not quite sure where I got this complaint from but it certainly doesn't appear to be doing me too much harm(apart from backache and extremely sunburnt shoulders)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 11:22:07 »
That's great news Jane! Can't wait to see the photos!
gone to pot :D

maz

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 11:29:33 »
Its lovely to hear your enthusiasm Jane.

Just think when you are worn out from doing it all you can stretch out in the sun and enjoy it.  ;D
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 20:26:59 »
Dedication has worked once again. Forward thinking to when you can sit in deckchair or on upturned bucket with glass in hand and say "ALL MY OWN WORK!!" Happy gardening. Lorna.

Jane the Novice

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 23:50:16 »
Thankyou all for your words of encouragement. I have to say that I am feeling quite pleased with myself right now. Went out on my usual 10pm tour of guard duty with torch in hand expecting to find perhaps a few slugs and/or snails and to my delight I spotted a field mouse entering my patch through a hole through from my neighbours garden. I was so excited I very nearly trod on a toad which was plopping its way across my grass towards my newly formed bed.

alanr

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 00:49:13 »
:) Hey that's great.

Try photobucket, i struggled with pics till some kind A4A member put me onto this site.

Thanks for that tip - I used it this evening for a pic in my first post, its dead simple.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal