Author Topic: Biggest clearup  (Read 2926 times)

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
Biggest clearup
« on: May 08, 2005, 18:34:20 »
I love hearing posts on new plots- usually to the tune of- YIPPEE, got to clear up all the rubbish on it (not minding)- ill show you some pictures :o. I admire the excitement in the face of back breaking labour! Well gardeners do plan ahead...
So my question- what has everyone had to clear from their plots? Anything interesting?
Im just having to clear grass and weeds- no rubbish. Did find a silver thrupney from 1918 though ;D
John
I LOVE OP AMPS!

ellkebe

• Hectare
Re: Biggest clearup
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 21:12:13 »
Wardy, I'm afraid to go looking in the long grass on my new plot now  :(

Ellkebe

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 21:35:59 »
Well i make up for my lack of rubbish with an epidemic of weeds >:(. And of course wardy, i made some cash too! Now those baths could be used for rainwater, i hope you havent chucked them all?
I LOVE OP AMPS!

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 08:58:03 »
Looks like we are really lucky - a few beer cans and pop bottles but apart from that just weeds, weeds and more weeds. Never thought I'd say that was lucky but you live and learn  :).

Looks like you've taken on Steptoe's lottie Wardy!

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 16:42:01 »
Cripes Wardy! :o  I have found on mine, glass, and masses of china, and more china, and a bit more china, oh and a safe! empty unfortunately! :'(
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 14:01:40 »
You are making me feel guilty. I moaned when we had to clear up last years slimy leeks (leek moth infested) and mouldy brussels sprouts and carrots that had been left in the ground for a VERY long time and were all moulded and very smelly.
BUT we didn't have baths, glass, etc to contend with - just annual weeds and a few patches of couch grass. And we did have raspberry canes and strawberries in situ.
Good luck - you deserve it after working so hard!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 18:14:46 »
Heaps of glass thanks to an ancient coldframe being left to rot.  Lots of china...wonder if I dug up a roman mosaic by mistake?  And a great big rusty key.  Oh, and bones, lots and lots of bones.  I assume they were animals........ :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal