Author Topic: Dip your toes into Downshifting  (Read 1911 times)

Tracey Smith

• Not So New ...
Dip your toes into Downshifting
« on: May 07, 2005, 10:36:05 »
I have just returned from a countrywide tour in the UK talking about the joys of simpler living, or 'downshifting' as you would most probably recognise it.

I am a downshifter myself and sit at the fairly extreme end of it all, by growing and rearing my own and being as close to self-sufficient as I can be.  However, there are lots of layers and levels to a little downshift and most of them do not include anything quite so deep.

The radio interviews I did were perhaps the most interesting, as the phone in's were interactive and I had the chance to speak to folks all over the place. 

This forum and many others like it, is serving a steeply growing number of people who are really keen to 'get back to basics' and be a little more self-sufficient.  There were many disillusioned dads, fed up not seeing their kids, and women who were changing their shopping habits in favour of organic box schemes and of course, lots of people starting to grow a few of their own fruits and veg.  Money is not everything it seems, lots of people are looking for a change.

It was incredibly inspirational.

So when you are out there in the garden this weekend, braving the cold wind and chill, remember there are thousands of others out there doing exactly the same and all for the better good if you ask me.

Good food, great eggs and happy meat - fantastic!

Tracey Smith
Creator
National Downshifting Week
www.DownshiftingWeek.com
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 10:38:11 by Tracey Smith »

Clayhithe

• Acre
  • Easy does it
Re: Dip your toes into Downshifting
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 13:14:33 »
You could also try

http://www.downsizer.net/