Author Topic: woken at 3 this morning  (Read 3022 times)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
woken at 3 this morning
« on: May 06, 2005, 15:50:01 »
What a noise was woken at 3 this morning by the loudiest noise i have ever heard dived out of bed as it was outside my bedroom window , the bush was shaking like mad and i could not believe my eyes it was a fox attacking my cat did i scream the fox ran off , i ran down the stairs and flew out the front door to meet my neigbour as it had woken her to .the cat was fine thank goodness just very scared, i did not think foxes attack cats i still cant beleive it so from now on my cats will be staying in at night

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: woken at 3 this morning
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 15:52:26 »
I'm so glad you're cat's ok.

I've heard about it happening in my area too. It's really horrible but aparently a fox was stalking a cat for ages before ripping it to shreds. It's so very gross.

I was thinking about getting a cat too. But not now.
gone to pot :D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 17:14:29 »
Oh well I'm blowed I saw a tele program that showed foxes and cats side by side just ignoring each other. I never knew they would attack a cat. I do hope you and the cat have recovered  it really leaves you shaken something like that.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 18:59:58 »
Dibber thank goodness that you heard and managed to rescue your poor cat, hope its ok today. :-*

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 19:31:57 »
If there is no other food about, I think they'll have a go at nearly anything.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 19:43:36 »
Hi Dibberxxx
So glad your cat is OK.  I know cats like to be out at night but I wont go to bed until Merlin is safely inside.  You might be in for some interupted sleep as they complain about being kept in but they'll get used to.  I find it's worse with the light mornings, Merlin some times wakes me at around dawn because he wants to go out but if I ignore him he usually settles down again. But then some mornings he just wants to snuggle up and have a cuddle.  :)

I would have said it was very unusual for a fox to attack a cat but there are always exceptions to the rule.

MM

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 20:57:15 »
Glad to hear your cat is OK dibber.  I can only think the fox was very hungry ...  I think it is wise to keep your cat indoors from now on.  Good luck :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 21:11:31 »
Thank goodness it all happened near enough for you to hear and get out there.

Never heard of that happening, though some of our urban foxes here are pretty large - and pretty confident - so they probably could attack a cat.  I just can't imagine that with all the successful scavenging they do, they could get that hungry.

Ellkebe

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal