Author Topic: Wollerton Old Hall  (Read 1858 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Wollerton Old Hall
« on: May 01, 2005, 18:45:37 »
We visited Wollerton Old Hall today thanks to a recommendation on the boards (I apologise but I can't remember who it was - I will try and find out). It is a beautiful place - there are lots of little gardens all joined together with gateways, arches through hedges etc. There was a woodland garden and I particularly liked the young birch trees with bluebells underneath. The rill garden was rather attractive to my daughter who delighted in leaping over the rills. The whole garden was beautifully looked after but not manicured - there was a natural feel despite the fairly formal planting. It was peaceful, beautiful and certainly well worth a visit.

The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re: Wollerton Old Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 18:54:02 »
Now that looks like my kinda place Plocket.  Beautiful photos.  It looks very tranquil.  How did you manage to take the photos without any other people in them.  Did you have the place to yourselves :D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 19:09:44 »
It was lovely Pat. Peaceful although there were other people milling about. The birds were singing, the insects were buzzing - it was delightful. For a few photos I did have to pause for a while to wait for people to move out of shot, but it wasn't particularly busy.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 21:47:25 »
Plocket, Wollerton Old Hall looks divine, beautiful pictures, thanks :)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 21:48:49 »
lovely pictures looks a really nice place  to visit have to put that one on my list

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 20:42:17 »
sounds as though you & LP had a lovely day.
enjoyed your pics :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 22:26:58 »
Such lovely vistas and views!  I really must visit more gardens.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal