Author Topic: Hello from another newbie  (Read 1781 times)

Lesley Newbie

Hello from another newbie
« on: May 01, 2005, 14:42:59 »
Hi all,

What a great site - I've already learnt loads from the posts that I've read and everyone seems so friendly, which is very encouraging, as I was a bit worried about being out of my depth.

I haven't got an allotment yet, in fact, I've been on a waiting list for one in Chorley for about 2 years, and a recent phone call to the council told me that the list isn't moving much at all  :( so if anyone can suggest other options in or near the Chorley area, I'd be very grateful!

In the meantime, I'm reading everything I can find and am experimenting with growing various things in containers in my back garden.  Hopefully, I'm learning from that and will be raring to go if/when I ever get my own plot!

Lesley

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
Re: Hello from another newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 16:16:16 »
wow another one from the preston area

thats
me ( and my hubby who keeps posting under my name)
slugcatcher
and
plottie

the prestoners are taking over

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 16:20:27 »
Hi Lesley, Welcome to the site, you will like it here we are all a bit mad but then that`s what makes us nice ;D ;D.  Don`t worry you have no allotment lots of us haven`t but we learn an awful lot about our gardens and life on here , Join in on the joke board sometime. Cheers Rosebud :)

maz

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 19:37:22 »
Hello Lesley and welcome.   8)

There are always empty plots here in Liverpool. What a shame you have had to wait so long.  :(
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 21:37:28 »
Lesley ;) welcome into the fold ;D we are a nice bunch here, but sometimes we are even nicer ;D

Sorry to hear you are having to wait so long for your Lottie, I just did a Google and could only find an e-mail address, it must be worth a try and if you don't succeed try and try again until they get fed up and just give you one :o ;D
Here's their Addy... allotments@chorley.gov.uk ;)

slugcatcher

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 07:34:04 »
Hi Lesley
Welcome

I dont nw what part of Chorley you are but if you have transport have you had a look at Euxton, or Walton-le-Dale, I dont nw if there are any allotments there, but would of thought there would be, being a bit more countryside

Good Luck

Ron (Preston Lancs)
Dont screw up the best things in life cos you dont know who you are, or where you are going !!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal