Author Topic: Be Careful  (Read 1916 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Be Careful
« on: April 30, 2005, 20:19:05 »
Just a word to say to be careful when handling compost, I tipped a bag out today and was breaking the lumps up with my hands when l felt a sharp pain, part of a broken bottle in the compost so just be weary of this if you do the same as me.
               ;)
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
Re: Be Careful
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 21:20:49 »
Thanks Richard, will take care as I often crumble the big lumps and usually when I have no gloves on

MM

johcharly

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 21:28:14 »
thanks for the warning I often have my four year old daughter helping me with that sort of thing. >:(

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 23:11:23 »
:o Are you talking pre-wrapped compost form garden centres or your own from your bin? and how did it get in there :o

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 06:22:40 »
If you got it from the garden center then keep the affending artical. You have 2 choices phone the suppliers and say hey look what I found in your compost that almost cut me. Or got to the garden center and say hey look what I found. They may have a bad supplier! You will be helping the garden center and other people as well!
Be kind to slugs and snails!

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 10:55:20 »
A couple of well worded letters to the right places ie. garden centre and supplier could see you with enough free compost for next year as well.  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal