Author Topic: potting on-begin!  (Read 2051 times)

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
potting on-begin!
« on: April 25, 2005, 21:49:29 »
my tomatoes are in 3"pots-they are about 9"tall-ish-their last resting place will be in the conservatory in florists flower buckets-when can they go in these?
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

chrispea27

• Acre
Re: potting on-begin!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 07:08:48 »
Hi Kitty,
 :D
Your conservatory is just like a greenhouse. Is there any heating in there? Which way does it face? This will affect the warm up rate.
Chris Pea

supernan

• Half Acre
  • Chief mushroom compost digger, Bud
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 07:22:00 »
 :D Cor lot bigger than mine. I am all behind as my greenhouse did not go up till late march. Moved house and no greenhouse!!

You could put them into a slightly larger pot. When you do plant them deeper, toms grow new roots from the stem, so if they are a bit leggy this is an instant cure. Plus you get more roots to feed your plant. Or you could put them into flower buckets now. But if they are not in their final site, then you will have to move them. How strong are you??
Supernan!!

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 07:38:30 »
chrispea-there isn't any heating as yet.....and it faces nor nor east- i know-not the best directionbut we cant turn the house round cos i asked!
anywayi do plan to have some for of heat in there-what would you suggest please?

supernan-how strong am i?
built like a brick outhouse nan! ;D
15 years of pottery mean i am like popeye from the waist up-olive oil from the waist down! ;D ;D ;D
i shall plant the little divils deeper-we moved in in january and have the same prob as you-so every available windowsill is bunged with seedlings-me mini greenhouse has been useful..oh is a little tire of looking thru the greenery-but is bearing up well-he's no gardener! ::)even i shall be please to consolidate them all in one glass house!¬
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal