Author Topic: New trowel  (Read 1412 times)

westsussexlottie

• Acre
New trowel
« on: April 23, 2005, 20:37:04 »
My son had his first proper weekly pocket money today (aged 8)... Growing up and all that....

He got money from his money box to add to it, and went to the garden centre and he bought (all by himself):

a stainless steel trowel, and 12 cauliflower plants. ;D
He told us quite seriously that "it said on TV that stainless steel will last much longer and I can have it til I am grown up..."

We are so proud...!!!! I feel quite tearful...

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
Re: New trowel
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 21:26:24 »
our son is 20 months and he will be coming down to the lottie when he is a bit older and then we hope to teach him that carrots dont come in bags
well done and happy diigging
 :D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 07:14:25 »
That's lovely!  So much better than spending it on sweets, football cards or whatever.

My 13 year old came home from school on Friday and offered to cut the grass.  We have a large garden and it is a big job but he managed it, it was wonderful to see him doing it and my husband was so thrilled when he came home that he had one less job to do over the weekend.  It turned out the grass was too long for playing football!

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 07:34:21 »
Good to get them into good healthy stuff early on isn't it!!!!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 07:44:32 »
It is.  We went to our local garden centre a couple of weeks ago and both my boys asked to chose seeds for the garden.  If they have plants near where they kick a ball around I figure they will be more careful with all my plants - I can hope so anyway!  At least they are out in the garden getting fresh air. 
I take the view that I can enjoy having my children around now and enjoy more flowers when they are grown up.  It will come all too soon.

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 21:31:52 »
How did it go with the new tool this weekend  ???

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 09:47:32 »
Very well. He has been using it - and even rinsed it afterwards.

He also despatched a couple of cockhafer larvae with it - and was most satistied with the results.... yuk!

I haven't let him put the cauliflowers in yet - in case it gets too cold in the next 2 weeks. They are in the garden against a South facing wall!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal