Author Topic: Done it!  (Read 2855 times)

Sarah-b

• Acre
Done it!
« on: April 20, 2005, 09:22:42 »
OK - have put the order in for the greenhouse!
6x8 Europa Manor Regent with safety glass, integral base and 2 vents.
Am super-excited. ;D
On my last topic "buying a greenhouse" there was a bit of a dispute about orientation. It's going at the end of my northfacing garden and if i put it East West, it would definitely get a bit of sun on one side earlier than if i put it north-south.
Does anyone else have any views on orientation?

Thanks,
Sarah.

leaf mould#2

• I love Allotments4All
Re: Done it!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 19:31:39 »
I feel that placement of the greenhouse is not just about the position of the sun but how it will look in the garden or lottie, my neighbours at my allotment have it  a different way to mine its my personal choice to place it 'my' way so it should be with you and good luck with erectiing it!!

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 20:47:23 »
Well done Sarah ! And good luck with it !

;D ;)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

wattapain

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:19:20 »
OK - have put the order in for the greenhouse!
6x8 Europa Manor Regent with safety glass, integral base and 2 vents.
Am super-excited. ;D
On my last topic "buying a greenhouse" there was a bit of a dispute about orientation. It's going at the end of my northfacing garden and if i put it East West, it would definitely get a bit of sun on one side earlier than if i put it north-south.
Does anyone else have any views on orientation?

Thanks,
Sarah.

Hi Sarah, my little garden is north facing too but that means if you're at the endof the garden facing the house you're in fact south facing.
My greenhouse  is east- west too simply because that was the only way it would fit (after much discussion & pacing around with tape measures!  ::))
But it really works well, the whole house gets so much light, much more than the other one which is an octagonal one which is shaded by trees (deciduous so OK in winter but quite useful in summer)

Sorry this is a bit of an essay , but good luck with the new toy  ;D , hope you enjoy it and do post a pic (or 3) to let us share your pleasure. btw when's it arriving?
Terri  ;D 8) ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 09:22:49 by wattapain »

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 16:52:57 »
Sarah-B   I'm just green with envy  :(     I bet you can't wait.  Have you prepared an area for it?  I've just been watching my Allotment DVD and they were putting up a second hand one - made me really want one.  I've been given a pile of glass and bent metal which someone wanted scrapping so offered it muggins here who was too polite to refuse.  He was pointing to a rather fabbo one at the time when he asked if I wanted it.  After saying yes he took me for a closer look and it was a pile of old scrap on the floor.  :(

Oh well.  One day

Have lots of fun with yours.  I bet you've got loads of plants ready for going in it already  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:08:39 »
Why not make a tomato house out of it????

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal