Author Topic: New Here - No lottie but large garden  (Read 2575 times)

dragonfly

• Not So New ...
New Here - No lottie but large garden
« on: April 18, 2005, 15:38:05 »
Hi everyone
I have been lurking for a few weeks now and love the site, so i thought i would join you all.  :)

Right in the middle of having a change round in my garden.  Come to think of it looking back at past photos, in the 9 years of living here our garden hasn't stayed the same from one year to the next  ;D ................ but that's all the fun of gardening!!   Hopefully this will be the last time of major changes, as i really like what i see.  One of the major changes we have just completed is 'moving' our pond from one side of the garden to the other!  On it's travel it seems to have grown!  ;D

I'm the gardener in the family and hubby is the constructor...... so we make a very good pair.  Apart from myself and hubby, others that use the garden is our son, 1 dog, 6 (yes six) cats and fish in pond.  And at the last count on moving pond that amounts to 5 golden orfes, 23 gold fish (although most are black) and hundreds of stickle backs.  Oh yeah, also in pond were loads and i mean loads (well over a hundred) of frogs & toads! Each one caught and placed in new pond, i was seeing frogs & toads in my sleep!!!  :o

Also in our garden apart from pond and flower beds, we have apple trees (eaters and cooker), pear tree, plum tree.  Fruit cage containing raspberries (summer & autumn), gooseberry bush, blackberry bush, strawberries & Rhubarb.  Just finished constructing (well hubby has)  an area to grow all my salad items.  Also have 4 vegetable bays which i have yet to dig over but i will get there........ Also have 2 old metal bath tubs (1 large one small) for growning my herbs in.

Right that's enough rambling for now, i don't want to send you all to sleep....  ;)  Best just go sort out my salad crop seeds to see what i can sow in the greenhouse.  Ta ta for now.  :)

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: New Here - No lottie but large garden
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 15:56:40 »
Wow, sounds like you have been busy!  I too have a large garden but no lottie.  Sounds very similar as we have 7 very old apple trees which still produce a good crop.  Part of an old nursery as they are in rows in the surounding gardens too.  The pond is still in the planning stage, I have two sons (13 & 11)who play football in my garden but this is going to be the last year and then I am going to enlarge the vegetable area considerably!  At the moment I have 3 raised beds, two full and one waiting for pumpkins, squash and courgettes, soft fruits and a herb border.  Oh and I mustn't forget 2 cats! I am soaking up all the info on here ready for next year!  It is a wonderful site and I have learnt so much and the people are so friendly.  Enjoy your garden and this site when the weather is bad or your back is aching too much!

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 16:15:44 »
Welcome Dragonfly  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 16:54:15 »
 Welcome Dragonfly   pull up a chair and enjoy ;D ;D.

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 17:03:50 »
 ;D Welcome Dragonfly. ;D
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

slugcatcher

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 06:55:32 »
Hi Dragonfly hope you enjoy this place as much as I do
They are very friendly and give good advice

Ron
Dont screw up the best things in life cos you dont know who you are, or where you are going !!

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 20:11:05 »
Hoi Dragonfly :D

Pull up a Chair.....Sit Back ...have a Cuppa.....Here you"ll find Really Nice Folks............lots of friendly company 8)

A Warm Welcome :)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

dragonfly

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 09:22:23 »
Hi again

Many thanks for all your lovely warm welcomes, you really are such a friendly lot!    ;D

There is so much to do in the garden........ but there's so much to read on here....... how do you manage to do it all !!!   ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 12:50:34 »
I'm on here as it's too cold out for me as I'm nesh  ;D  My B & B guests are asleep after night shifts so I can't do much round the house (ssshhhh) Went to my plot with the dog this am and took shelter in the shed to get some potting on done.  Had the radio on and had a lovely time.  With a lotty or garden for that matter you can do a lot or a bit.  Mine is coming on after taking it on last year but as I;ve hurt my back I'm not digging and just doing a bit at a time.  Lots of black plastic on my plot  :)

Good luck with your gardening.  My OH was clearing frogs out of our air raid shelter yesterday - lots of babies  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 14:14:28 »
Wardy ;D ;D

Hi Mike here

Think of all that Family allowance ah!!!!!! :o :o
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 14:52:30 »
Great!! I can come clean about not having a lottie. Bought an ex-council house here in Lincoln 3 years ago and it has a 110 foot long garden. The kids were too scared to venture to the bottom of it as it looked like a jungle. After hacking at it for a few days, the home lottie was born!
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 22:41:16 »
same here petemason-although not as big-ours was the corner of a faaaarmers field.....totally neglected-gaaadually whipping into shape...bit of a slog but enjoying it hugely!
i think there are a lot of closte lottie gardeners here-c'mon!step forward!
kitty ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 22:48:30 »
Welcome dragonfly!  The only time I am getting to really catch up is evening time as the sun has been shining and I have been trying to spend some quality time on the allotment and with the kids in the garden. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal