Author Topic: buying a greenhouse  (Read 11796 times)

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
Re: buying a greenhouse
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2005, 19:53:50 »
live anywhere near wardy then? ;D
she could do with one of yer cast offs!
jammy i calls it!jammy!
kitty ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2005, 22:11:15 »
Kitty   I'll be going to check out that glass place near Johnny you betcha

Hey   I'm off to North Somercotes in the morning after I've fed all my B & B guests.  I going to check out my niece's new gaff

If you heard a loud disturbance in your neck of the woods it will be yours truly with the dreaded Jack Russell in tow  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2005, 18:34:57 »
aaargh!jack russels!
nice 'en croute' with a cheese sauce!

oo-you have had nice weather for a trip t'coast!
was that you i say whizzing past on a tandem?
maybe not...the dog was peddling fast tho!..
kitty ;D

johnny?
jahmmy more like!
re;the amazing amount of crud people have offloaded onto youof late-er,,,i mean the wonderful gifts bestowed on you...i would gird yer loins and say-'sorry-tho old man says i musnt-he says the only glass structures i'm allowed to bring home contain beer!'
then go get yourself a plazzy one from wilkos!
kitty ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2005, 21:57:22 »
Had a good day at the sea side in picturesque Donna Nook  ;D  Sounds idyllic looks horrid.  Dog had a lovely time though but headed out to sea across the bombing range (my husband threw his ball for him tee hee)

He went so far, as he was chasing after three greyhounds by this time, that we lost sight of him.  Just a little dot on the horizon.  He then got his toes in the sea and came flying back to us.  He found some very good driftwood to play with which we took back for our niece's garden. I didn't know if we could do that - hope I didn't do wrong. 

Loads of garden centres in that neck of the woods.  It was a glorious day and I was hankering to be back on the lotty

Wot's all this got to do with greenhouses?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 21:59:09 by wardy »

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2005, 22:18:08 »
i dont think donna nook is going to miss a bit of driftwood wardy!there plenty of it there-b****r all else aint there?! ;D
its not always a bombing range...they puty flags up when they are having a sesh.....
yes-we have lots of really good nurseries and garden centres in lincs...
glad you had a good day!
kitty
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2005, 23:26:48 »
It's still in my car!  It was sposed to go back to my niece's house by the sea!  It aint going to look too relevant in my garden which is the farthest point from the coast in every direction  ;D

Ah well praps I can make it into an interesting collage, take a photo and frame it up and post it to her  ;D

Or use it to make an interesting plant support  :)

Viks

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2005, 13:49:50 »
Our last greenhouse blew down.
it wasn't quite square and in last years big gusts it all cam tumbling down. Quite impressive to watch. Everything bent or broken including the frame except six pieces of glass.
This year we have a slighly bigger one 8 x 8  but it is still not up. We started on Saturday making a nice solid concret base nice and square and nice and flat. Sunday we then spent the day assembling the sides and drilling to holes to attach it to the concrete blocks. I think it will be the weekend before we try to finish it - lets hope for good weather.
I don't know how anyone can disassemble and reassemble greenhouses. I am impressed or are we just slow?? I thin our skills are just not up to greenhouses.

Rox

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2005, 14:01:10 »
Well here the mini greenhouse.  Just started moving pots in there and it looks good from here.  But as terri said, it WILL be too small .....

My hubby says us gardeners are never content with what we've got, we always want bigger.   ;D ;)

Hi Marianne!!  ;) I'm looking at buying a mini greenhouse as well, and yours looks like exactly what I'm after  ;) Can I ask how much you got it for so I know roughly what it should be priced at ? many thanks in advance for your help!!  ;D

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2005, 18:26:25 »
i'm not marrianne but i can butt in!
cos i saw hers and coveted my cyber neighbours greenhouse!
so---trundled off to poundstretcher-£12.99-and they are brill!
you can get loads in-and i can guarantee the strength of the top bars as i banged me head on one-TWICE!(it was so good the first time i thought id do it again! ::))
anyway10/10 from the kitty! ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

supernan

• Half Acre
  • Chief mushroom compost digger, Bud
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2005, 18:31:09 »
Hi Kitty I have got 5 of these, bought them in my local store Roys. Wanna be jealous mine were £9.99!!

I use them as staging in my greenhouse. Bought an extra one and they now have four shelves. One has its cover on inside the greenhouse, extra large propagator 'cos it keep plants about 5deg warmer.

The covers are going outside to be used as mini tom houses. Best value items I have bought this year.

Still no toms!!
Supernan!!

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2005, 20:16:24 »
wow!
green i am!that was a good buy there!
i have a slightly larger one coming in the post any day-i plan to have me a melon emporium!-i shall use the mini g/h as a cucumber pit!

hows your Battle if the Weeds coming on?whats the score?
kitty ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2005, 08:04:55 »
A few years ago I had the most enjoyable 3 days spent putting up my greenhouse, the weather was perfect and I started each day early so as the make the most of the weather.  It's an Oasis greenhouse and I have not fitted it at the base so it can be moved if necessary.  I don't like fixing things permanently in the garden as I am always moving them around.  But this year I will fix the greenhouse at the base and hope to have a few more enjoyable days in the summer, when hopfully all my seedlings are in the ground.  Those mini greenhouses do just the job and if I had room I would have more of them
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2005, 09:22:30 »
Seen today in the Daily Express !

Exceptional offer for a mini greenhouse, identical to mine pictured above.

Their exceptional offer ----->  £29.99 + £3.95 Post and Packing.

The price I paid from a local shop ---> £19.95

What a cheek !!!! >:( :o

Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

ruudbarb

• Half Acre
  • Let's get dirty and dig up the spuds..........
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2005, 10:28:44 »
That's the tabloid press for you Marianne, they are full of what used to make the prairies so fertile.  I consider them to be so much rubbish that I won't put them on my compost heap......... >:( >:( >:(

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2005, 16:22:08 »
My OH normally purchases the paper for me and today, he bought this one in error !!!

But how can they call that exceptional offer !?  It's just taking the big Peeeeeeeeee ::) ::)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

mutty042130

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2005, 16:58:35 »
hi i work in the glass trade and know tough glass is 100 times stronger then un tough but be careful not to catch the corners as this the weak part

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal