Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 2442 times)

wardy

• Hectare
R.I.P.
« on: April 09, 2005, 20:33:22 »
There were two robins squabbling on my allotment yesterday.  Today I found both of them dead in my shed.  My shed in only partly built and the windows had not been fixed.  It appeared that the two robins had got in there squabbling and had killed themselves flying about.  One of them had a ring on its leg which I managed carefully to remove.  There was nothing written on it and someone suggested it may have been from someone's aviary, hence it being attacked.

I sat and cried  :(   I had sat and watched and listened to the robin everytime I went to my plot and dug up worms for it.  I feel really upset about it.  I know I shouldn't.  When I got home there was a robin on my bird table  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Marianne

• Hectare
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 20:44:54 »
Oh dear Wardy I am so very sorry !  You must feel terrible but it is not your fault.  Robins are very territorial and if two males fight - it will be to death.  Try not to think about it.

Robins are wild birds and are normally not kept by individuals.  I find it strange one of yours had a ring  ???  Maybe it escaped from a local wildlife centre ?  You may be able to enquiry.
 :) :)

Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:54:00 »
sad news wardy.try not to be too hard on yourself.
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 11:27:31 »
I know how you feel Wardy.  I feel terrible when something like that happens and it takes me ages to convince myself that there was nothing I could have done.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 21:01:02 »

I can only empathise with you.. I also get  upset when creatures are harmed or killed.

Debs :'(

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 10:15:58 »
I know how you feel. Its rotten isn't it. Last year I was concerned about a juvenile starling which was unable to fly properly. It looked kind've deformed in someway.  I had a plant pot sat inside a sort of tin bath thing. It had been shoved in there and moved to one side for lawn mowing or something. Anyway went out one day to tidy up and took the pot out of the tin container and there was the little starling,stiff as a board looking skywards. I was distraught as it had obviously got stuck inbetween the pot and the side of the tin container and hadn't been able to get out, probably because of its inability to move properly. Poor poor little thing. It made me feel so guilty and very sad. :'(

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 18:43:43 »
very sorry to hear your sad tale wardy but it is nature so don't punish yourself

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal