Produce > Edible Plants

Garlic….where are you purchasing it from this year?

(1/2) > >>

Deb P:
I didn’t have a very good crop from my Franchi garlic like year, 3 different varieties. This year they are asking almost £7 for three bulbs. I’m missing Wilcos badly already, I used to get my shallots and onions from them 😢😢
Where is everyone else sourcing their garlic from this year? I’m tempted to try supermarket cheapies!

Vetivert:
I'm hoping our association can get us a good deal; potatoes and garlic are ridiculous this year.
But £7 retail for three seed garlics is quite a good price, considering organic bulbs work out to around £1.50-2.00 each if bought by the kilo.
King's are going for £6.50 for two!

IanDH:
Missing Wilko so wandered to "The Range"  where found garlic bulbs and over-winter onion sets at 3 packs for £5.  Packs by De Ree - Dutch company?

All sound and firm.  Now waiting to be set.

lezelle:
I bought garlic, 2 bulbs cost £8 including postage. I also got overwintering onions 25 red  and 25 white for £6 including postage. I planted the onions a week ago and only 1 showing. Lifted one today and roots are forming. It will be interesting to hear how everyone else's  are getting on and in the spring how they are going. Good luck all. I will remember the range, B&M as only 1 garden centre here and it's well expensive. Good luck all.

Deb P:

--- Quote from: IanDH on October 04, 2023, 13:04:58 ---Missing Wilko so wandered to "The Range"  where found garlic bulbs and over-winter onion sets at 3 packs for £5.  Packs by De Ree - Dutch company?

All sound and firm.  Now waiting to be set.

--- End quote ---

I’ve never been to a Range store and didn’t think there was one in Derby by I did a search and founded one! Will have to have an investigationary visit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version