Author Topic: Tomatoes  (Read 2083 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Tomatoes
« on: August 14, 2023, 20:59:53 »
Tomatoes getting ripe.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 21:04:15 »
Almost all our varieties (about 30) are now fruiting/ripe....

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 09:16:09 »
Mine are slow this year. I’ve stripped the foliage of the greenhouse ones now to maximise the sunlight and have been closing the doors at night again!
Loads of green fruit on my usually reliable outdoor Latah but very few ripe yet. Most of the dwarf cherries have ripened and been picked but no glut yet like last year….
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 10:57:17 »
 Apart from my trusty Harzfeuer I am growing beefsteak tomatoes this year   -  coeur du boeuf, brandywine and gigantoma (8 plants in all). Those in the greenhouse are ripening now but the four in the raised bed are still laden with absolutely huge green fruit. I've removed a lot of the foliage and propped up the trusses as best I can so that they get as much sun (when it shines! ) as possible. Now it's a case of fingers crossed that we stay free from blight and see lots of :sunny:.

Tricia  :wave:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 10:58:52 by tricia »

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 13:28:37 »
We have plants at all stages.  Some leaves withered and some with fruit still green.  Some ready to pick and others I've missed gone rotten and fallen off.  No blight this yet thank goodness.  Its been a funny old season!  :blob7:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 09:05:49 »
I am on my second planting here. Almost all the toms from the first lot are done and dusted, pasted, dried, made into salsa, powdered or eaten. Hopefully I get a crop of some sort into December or January but last year it didn't work out..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal