Author Topic: Runner beans  (Read 1950 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Runner beans
« on: August 01, 2023, 13:16:38 »
Given a load away, eaten beans every night and frozen loads. Had about 12 cucumbers and plenty of yellow courgettes. Outdoor tomatoes not ripe yet.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Runner beans
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 22:26:52 »
Only put in a wigwam, as not too fond, but getting enough for the two of us every other day. Climbing French (5 varieties) and Barlotti beans doing really well.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 19:35:02 »
I’ve good a good picking of three different beans this week, the dwarf French beans in yellow and thin green stringless, and first lot of purple climbing too. All straight to freezer!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 23:19:18 »
Given a load away, eaten beans every night and frozen loads. Outdoor tomatoes not ripe yet.
Me too, Borlotti. I'm glad my beans, Cobra and Moonlight, are now finished (gave the last picking of over a kilo away today) but now I'm worried about blight on the tomatoes arriving. Fingers crossed so far but this awful wet and windy weather isn't doing them any good  -  a huge crop but still green  -  they need some some proper summer weather for them to ripen!

Tricia  :wave:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal