Author Topic: Cobra french beans  (Read 1214 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Cobra french beans
« on: June 16, 2023, 13:13:54 »
I've just made my first picking of Cobra beans,  two handfuls from 5 plants. John comes by very early twice a week to water my raised beds for me (no rain here for more than a month! ) so they've been well taken care of,  but even so, I'm thinking they've made an early start.

I've still got both Cobra and Moonlight in the freezer from last year! Yikes! I gave 6 packs to friendly neighbours over the garden wall last week - they often stop to admire my little walled garden - but there are still a few packs left.

Tricia  :wave:

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Cobra french beans
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 07:25:39 »
They are a very good bean... also blue lake, depending on the colour of "bean" you want for drying.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 12:04:15 »
I'm  struggling to get French beans germinating this year. Just about git enough to get * cane teepee going. May try and put more in
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 09:42:12 »
Are you cell sowing? Not always great, it should be warm enough to sow direct...

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 18:05:50 »
Maybe that's my issue - I've been trying to get ying yang to go, the first lot carked it one weekend, the second let I have two up so far in cells.
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal