Author Topic: Dulcie  (Read 4410 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dulcie
« on: April 15, 2023, 14:44:54 »
Had to have Dulcie put to sleep as he had kidney failure. So sad, miss my cat, he was a character and wanted him to enjoy our garden on the Isle of Wight for another few years. He loved sunbathing on the decking. No more animals, I wll be 80 in June and don't to go though that again. Must say vet was very kind.
Have planted some seeds in my greenhouse.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Dulcie
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 15:11:33 »
Sorry to hear about Dulcie. Hope you are enjoying life on the Isle of Wight, Borlotti. I've been sowing seeds too, my little greenhouse is full of tomato, bean, squash, sweet corn and chilli seedlings even though they have to be planted out by my trusty friend John these days. Age has caught up with me too (90 next year! ) and can't get about much any more so I'm lucky to have him coming regularly and I'm able to enjoy watching my seedling veggies grow through the season then fill the freezer with the harvested produce.

Take care
Tricia  :wave:

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 17:25:32 »
Sorry to hear that. That is the trouble with animals which have shorted life spans than we do. We are in the same boat, that when our 3 have to go we will not be getting any more. Too,too traumatic.
Gardening is the great leveller.

small

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 13:37:40 »
So sorry to hear that Borlotti, I've followed Dulcie's adventures for years now. Best of luck with your garden this year.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 14:42:48 »
I am sorry to hear this.  You will miss Dulcie so much.

I am currently on cat feeding duties.  My daughter is on holiday.  She adopted two cats which are slightly on the wild side.  They will finally allow me to stroke them.  But there is no way to pick them up. 

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 01:10:51 »
Oh Borlotti I have only just seen this, I am so sorry to read Dulcie is no longer here, I loved reading about his antics and how he and his sibling adopted you. They chose you, you were very honoured :)  Find some photos of him in his prime and laugh over them rather than dwelling on him going, that will help. Thinking of you xx

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 10:13:53 »
He has certainly had adventures, coped OK with ferry.crossing and 3 months in rented accommodation and not allowed out. He had just got used to his new garden and loved sleepIng on the decking. Feeling better today. He certainly was a character, my good boy. Thought the journey might have finished him off but coped OK as long as I was around. Thanks for remembering him, my good boy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal