Author Topic: Photos of pond enlargement now almost complete  (Read 3103 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Photos of pond enlargement now almost complete
« on: April 07, 2005, 23:33:08 »
The link below shows photos of my old small pond at its lushest last year and the reconstruction work that has been carried out over the past month or so.

http://community.webshots.com/user/6tricia

I'm still trying to find a solution as to how to hide the filter, which is sitting in about 4" of water on a ledge, and I've been adding plants to the other ledges and amongst the rocks today - no photos as it began to rain and I quit for the day.  :(

As can be seen, the shape and size of the pond was restricted by the 'given' area in the centre of the patterned concrete. It was planted with evergreen shrubs when I bought the property five years ago.

There are now 14 goldfish and shubunkins enjoying their new home - including one very pregnant silver coloured goldfish and a new male (he's very fat, but I was assured it is a 'he' nevertheless!) So hopefully I shall soon be seeing some fry before the other fish gobble them up!

Tricia

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Photos of pond enlargement now almost complete
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:25:29 »
Tricia your pond looks lovely after all your hard work, well done.  Hope we have a lovely summer so you can sit back and enjoy it now.

Anthony

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 11:57:16 »
Hi Tricia,

It looks fantastic  - After seeing the first picture I thought it was going to finish up quite contemporary with a statue of the Venus de Milo or something in the middle - I always think that those time-lapse photos when constructing something look great.  However, I do think they portray an illusion that the steps just seem to flow from one to another without ever showing just how much time and effort goes into every stage.

Could you perhaps plant a couple of tallish marginals near the filter?  I had a Water Mint last year, which grew about two tall.  I’m sure there are many others, which do the job as well.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 23:39:41 »
Thanks Tulippa and Anthony for your kind words :) This weekend my friend and I will have another go at finding a solution to hiding the filter. I'll post more piccies when I feel happy with the results - but before I forget how I did it! (post the piccies I mean).

Tricia

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 18:57:02 »
tricia :)

A lot of hard work but really worth all your efforts

A really Lovely Pond Feature :D
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!