Author Topic: Greenhouse pics  (Read 13671 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Greenhouse pics
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2005, 09:19:56 »
Like your lean to MT  :)  It looks like it's well used.  I couldn't see an inch of space in there.  It just shows what can be achieved with a bit (or lot) of ingenuity  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2005, 09:24:42 »
Pleeease everyone who wants a mini-greenhouse, rush on down to your local Robert Dyas - 4-shelves tall for £14.99 - the cheapest I've seen yet, AND they do re-inforced (i.e. thicker) replacement covers for under a tenner...

...and no, I don't work for them - but I'm going to be their best customer!

And the one I went in to on the weekend had the 6x4 walk in ones for £25!  :o
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2005, 20:46:58 »
Merry Tiller - Marvellous work you done there !  :D

Amazin - I have already got mine for slightly higher.
 ;)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

pixelated

• Not So New ...
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2005, 15:25:27 »
Carrot Cruncher, never thought to keep pot noodle tubs as pots, will be recycling every plastic tub i use in the future  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2005, 16:55:14 »
Soup containers, pot noodle tubs, you name it I find a use for it  ;D   Pot noodle containers make good paint brush cleaning pots.  The soup ones I make into slug traps  ;D

Like the greenhouses folks.  Wish I had one  :)

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2005, 18:16:30 »
Wow - Aren't we all so resourceful!  Every container comes in handy !   ::)
I purchased some meat today and said to OH "Wow I will keep these trays for gardening"!

He looked at me as though I had lost the plot but I am sure I will find a use for them !  ;D ::) :P

Happy gardening all !
 ;D

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2005, 18:32:38 »
 ;D And just got called certain things again as I rescued a HUGE pot out of trailer load at mates destined for the dump!

Gonna be great to dig into ground so I can have some bamboo at plot without all the others panicing! :D

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2005, 23:31:02 »
 :D :D :D this is fun!  :D :D :D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2005, 09:22:47 »
 ;D Your right that looks fun ;D I wish I had room for a lovely setup like you have. Where's that green with envy smiley :-\ ;D

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2005, 09:58:07 »
Cheers Roy  :) It's just a bog standard 8x6, I got it for nothing a couple of years back. If we had a green smiley I'd be using it when viewing your tropical plants!  ;)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2005, 10:05:49 »
Military training, Simon?

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2005, 16:53:58 »
Wow Simon, that is very professional !!!!  Lucky you!  I am also very envious .... Well done !  :D

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2005, 21:28:49 »
 :) Thanks Marrianne! No not military Tim but parks department - 12 years service 81-93! Only worked in the glasshouses at busy times but got the jist of it. This is only my second year with my own greenhouse and coldframes, I'm still learning and finding things out as I go along.

But both my Dad and grandad were navy and my eldest boy's just come out after 4 years on nuclear submarines. Dad was in the navy from a boy and a  gunnery lieutenant through the war, and is still around to tell the tale!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2005, 09:21:01 »
Close, then??

Parks? - you ought to see Cheltenham's gardens - what organisation it must take. They've prompted more than one 'thank you' letter from me.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2005, 19:04:32 »
I got a 6 x 8 greenhouse given to me today all in bits and I don't which bit is which.  It had lots of glass with it but my husband broke every piece that was left taking the panes out which were siliconed in.  I don't know why he had to remove every good piece of glass but I'm jolly miffed as now I only have the skeleton of the greenhouse.  The only thing which survived was the door (I hope)  I now have lost all enthusiasm as I could have afforded to buy the odd plane of glass or polycarb but now I have to do the whole lot so it will have to wait.   :(

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2005, 21:34:56 »
 :( How sad Wardy :( My Daughter broke only one pane out of a double window of my new secondhand shed ::) today and thought hmm! oh well but a greenhouse Oh! b***er >:(

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2005, 22:29:19 »
yeah! I moaned when OH cleaning glass of free 2nd hand one and she broke 2 panes....... :(

Just had enough bits to patch up,even used broken bit over another broken bit to make whole pane... ;D

But a whole GH :o :-\ :-X

Keep the frame and look for other free ones with glass!
Mind you, our recent gain had diff size pains labelled A to I
What a pain that was :-*

Good job last owner had kept the manual for over 20 years!!!!! :D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2005, 23:14:51 »
My OH prefers smashing glass to gardening unfortunately.  I'm really cross with him and he knows it  >:(

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2005, 14:33:34 »
Its only my first spring with a proper GH and already I think I've out grown it!

It was only a 6'x5', streamline one chosen to fit on the patio. I later changed my mind and put it up the garden (where a bigger one would've fitted). Its been choca block in there since late winter. Had to move some things out and squeeze the rest up to clear the border ready for the tomatoes. And i still have some seedlings in the conservatory that will go out there at some stage.

If I had the space in the garden and could get hold of one cheaply I'd have a second one like a shot! One for propagating/growing the other for overwintering and growing crops (tomatoes).

Good to see other peoples greenhouses - to see i am not alone!  ;D

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2005, 08:57:20 »
Wardy,

At this time of year a cover of 500 gauge plastic will be enough to carry on the plant raising process and be good enough to raise tomatoes etc, that will give you until September to made him feel so bad that he replaces the glass or, given his obvious affinity for it, gives you the cash to replace the glass

Phil

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal