Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2021

<< < (6/27) > >>

galina:
And another seed saving page that is good and interesting with lots of 'how to' videos.

https://www.diyseeds.org/en/films/?fbclid=IwAR3ojqqmxLeVyHi1VTZh8XK9PuwbxDDFRN4_sFgAn-qBrT_kD1M1Q7CQaHw

JanG:
It’s getting nearer to seed circle time. I hope everyone’s growing, harvesting and seed saving has been going really well in spite of a cold start to the season for many of us.
 It would be great if we could begin to indicate what we think we can offer. I haven’t heard from one or two people about timing but thanks, Vetivert, for your reply. We can decide on timing in the next week or so.

Those taking part:

Silverleaf
Vetivert
Galina
Ruud
JanG
Elfeda?

I’d like to contribute:

Tomato, Azoychka
Tomato, Sweet Aperitif
Tomato, Jen’s Tangerine
Tomato, Primabella
Pea, Rosakrone
Pea, Opal Creek
Pea, Champion of England
Dwarf French bean, Saint Esprit d’Oeil Rouge

Anyone else?

markfield rover:
Hello , if I am not too late and what I have is of interest  I could offer
Beetroot..Long Blood Red
Lettuce…Northern Queen
Turnip…Veitch’s Red Globe
Cime Di Rape , Quarantina

The stars of the plot this year have been Judion bean , almost dry and a Rocket of sorts  the seed is from a friend whose family grow it in Iraq  they call it Rochelle (sp!) it’s fast , vigorous, prolific and tasty ( quite a bite)

If the above are suitable I’ll add them to the circle.

JanG:
Hi Markfield Rover. Very good to have you join. And what you offer is of great interest, a lovely range.

And from a pm you sent, I think you’re OK for the end of November? Your Judion beans (big white seeded runner?) sound great too. We can hang on a week or two if you’re thinking of contributing those too.

markfield rover:
Thank you , the Judion bean is a whopper, the largest bean I’ve grown, I think it is a runner but the instructions I was given was to treat as a butter bean, cooking details are scarce, I wanted to eat them fresh , so I alerted my neighbour to listen out in case it all went too quiet! The pods were completely dry so I think a fortnight should do it. The plants have meanwhile produced a lot more pods. The rest are ready.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version