Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2021

<< < (5/27) > >>

JanG:
Those would certainly be of interest. It would be great to have you join the circle.

Principe Borghese is apparently good for sun drying. Have you ever tried it that way? And for me personally I'm very interested to try Padron peppers which I believe are mild, except that occasionally you get a very hot one. Sounds like an interesting gamble!

Vetivert:
End of Nov again sounds good to me.

Saving senposai seeds and not sure what to make of the current condition of the pods. They look ready to ripen but are committed to staying green. Should I cut and hang to dry or leave them?

JanG:
I've never grown it but it sounds great from descriptions I've read.

Could you hedge your bets and and take one or two sprigs of pods to dry off the plant and leave the rest a while longer?

How have you found the eating quality?

galina:
 https://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/seed-saving-guidelines?fbclid=IwAR0gY55pYEG3nMkif2UhG3IE9ZNJOli56GGg8ipycDZJhkw9kYeFFYEtsCg

Sorry this is rather late in the year, but here is a very good seedsaving guide from the Heritage Seed Library. 

Vetivert:
Thanks for the link. They advise not to cut while the pods are still green. Some are starting to take on a more autumnal colour, so I'll remain patient.

It's a very tasty vegetable. Hard to describe - very tender spring cabbage with a slight hint of mustard perhaps? it has the rapid growth of other Asian brassicas. Why it was dropped from British catalogues is beyond me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version