Photo Gallery > The Gallery

Messing around during "Lockdown"

<< < (3/3)

galina:
Yes a memory stick would be good.  But also maybe a photobook of the family tree.  As you are of a certain age, maybe you have pictures and information going back several generations and the grandkids might treasure a family tree with a few words about all their ancestors.  Seeing their parents as youngsters will be fun too.  :wave:   

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---Yes a memory stick would be good.  But also maybe a photo book of the family tree.
--- End quote ---

Two great minds think alike it would seem!

My Family Tree goes back to the mid 1700s

I made a Photo Book of the first ten years of the four grandkids and gave it to the wife for her Christmas in 2010 (There are eight years between the oldest & youngest)

....and as I have already mentioned I want to give each of the grandkids a 'memory stick' when I complete the cataloguing!

It would be nice if I could complete this by Christmas, so that I can give them one each for a Christmas present, but the more I look at the photos I think I am going to have to go back to the drawing board.

To explain;

My Son & Daughter have two children each and yes I can extract individual photos of each child to carry out my original plan.

But on looking at the overall content of the photos I see that each child is often seen with;

a) Their Sibling
b) Their Mum & Dad (singly and together)
c) As a whole family
d) With their grandparents.(singly and together)

e)Then they are seen similarly with their cousins, aunties & uncles and again the grandparents.(a total of 10 people)

Resulting in quite a permutation of photos and who am I to separate the 'family unit'?

My initial thoughts is to put a number of 'folders' onto each memory stick to cover all or some of the above permutations.

Only time will tell what I will end up doing but if any of you have any ideas I would be pleased to hear them.

So based on this I will have to be thinking of a different Christmas present for each of them! (assuming we are allowed to get together at Christmas)

Obelixx:
I don't see a problem with mixed group photos TeeGee.  On the contrary, they'll love it later on when they look back on who they were, what they looked like when, how they spent time together and shared fun and experiences and family life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version