Author Topic: SEASONAL WEATHER  (Read 1287 times)

ACE

• Hectare
SEASONAL WEATHER
« on: April 04, 2019, 11:25:09 »
Last week was great, I was having a break away in the motorhome. This week apart from Monday it's been hissing down. March winds and april showers are traditional but a tornado, hail and snow in the south of the island yesterday gives me cause for concern. I would normally have a couple of hours digging and dodging showers, but not these icy cold ones. A couple of frosts as well but they thawed before the sun came up so no damage to worry about. From what I can see the cold weather is coming over from the North Island, I don't mind the Azores sharing their weather with me but you can stuff yours where the sun don't shine.

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
Re: SEASONAL WEATHER
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:58:34 »
We certainly won't be 'casting any clouts' this week or next, by the look of the forecasts Brrrr!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 14:36:19 »
Torrential rain overnight and this morning here (snow didn't reach us but wasn't far away), now beautifully sunny though still windy. Our garden, in mid-transformation, was a mud bath this morning and still has a large puddle.

Redalder

• Half Acre
  • East Cornwall, mostly clay and stones.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:49 »
Definitely been a trying start to the year.

Down West a wet wet winter meant the ground was untouchable. Finally got started and greenhouse full of seedlings when the SUN came out and stayed out so constant monitoring of temp. Now ready to plant out and back to rain, hail and cold with the odd frost when not raining. I suppose I should be glad that the snow stopped at Dartmoor. First time since we moved from NE Scotland that I miss the polytunnel.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal