Author Topic: GREEK LAMB,ONION AND TOMATO KEBOBS / YOGURT AND SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN MARINADE  (Read 1685 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
GREEK LAMB,ONION AND TOMATO KEBOBS  / YOGURT AND SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN MARINADE

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds lamb (shoulder, leg), outer fat removed
2 fl oz / 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
4 cloves garlic, minced or put through garlic press
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2-3 onions, sliced into wedges for the skewer

Instructions
   Cut lamb into bite sized pieces.
   Marinate lamb in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper for at least 2 hours, and up to 8 hours (the longer it marinates, the more tender the meat).
   Skewer alternating lamb, cherry tomato, and onion.
   Grill on medium high heat, turning occasionally, until lamb is tender, about 5-10 minutes depending on size of lamb pieces.

Yogurt and Smoked Paprika Marinade

4 fl oz / 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (0% FAGE)
2.5 fl oz / 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika (sweet variety)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried mint
2 cloves crushed garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste

With all of these marinades I recommend a minimum marinating time of 1 hour (in the fridge), but 4 hours or more is ideal.  I usually use ziploc bags for the chicken/Lamb marinades  Make sure the chicken/lamb is completely saturated with marinade. 

I made both for Saturday evening and marinated them for 6 hours……shoulder of Lamb boned and fat removed and cut into ˝ inch pieces……and Chicken Breasts cut across the Breast into slices of around 5mm  ish………ive found rather than cubing the meat / slices cook evenly and quicker and stay juicy....plus they are great in salads the following day.
 I Cooked them on the Barby with veggies and served with salads and Nasturtium Flowers for a bit of Edible Colour.

Marinated Lamb ( 6 hours)

Marinated chicken ( 6 hours)

Lamb Skewers with tomato and red onion wedges.

chicken skewers with mixed peppers.

cooked on the barby..........

Judy ready to tuck in.........

and me likewise.............

enjoyed the skewers with mixed salad and Edible Nasturtiums ..........

had some skewers left over so had them Griddled for sunday supper.

so enjoyed the last of the Lamb and chicken skewers in some Bread Rolls with Homemade Tzatziki and salads.

Gazza

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal