Author Topic: BUTTERNUT SQUASH WRAPS  (Read 1390 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
BUTTERNUT SQUASH WRAPS
« on: July 01, 2018, 17:05:17 »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH WRAPS.

Decided on a Vegetable only lunch and as Butternut is one of my favourites
It was going to be roasted with other ingredients in a wrap so I can use the leftovers
For when I go out fishing .,,,,,

INGREDIENTS  (should make 4 wraps)

Butternut Squash 500g / 20 oz  (skinned and cubed )
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (plus extra 1 tsp)
1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
Spray Olive Oil
200g / 8 oz Shredded Red Cabbage
1 400g Tin low salt Lentils drained
3 Tbsps Chopped Fresh Coriander
1 Tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice (plus extra Lime wedges to serve)
2 Tsps of Olive Oil
4 Large Wholewheat Tortillas (warmed to serve)
1 Ripe Avocado Mashed
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 Tbsp Golden Flaxseeds
1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp Pine Nuts

Black Pepper to season.

So, here we go………………

Preheat your fan oven to 165 c / 325 f

Prep your Butternut Squash by skinning and cubing it into bitesize pieces, place in a large bowl and add 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup and 1 Tsp of Sweet Paprika, now combine well.

Add the Butternut Squash Cubes onto a Cooking sheet and spray Lightly with Olive Oil.

Bake for 40 minutes or until Golden and Tender.

Meanwhile,in a large mixing bowl Combine the Red Cabbage,Drained Lentils,Chopped Coriander,Lime Juice,2 Tsps Olive Oil,plus the extra 1 tsp of Maple Syrup….now toss together and season with Black Pepper.

Warm 1 of the Tortillas under the Grill then Top with ¼ of the mashed Avocado
A portion of the Red Cabbage Slaw,then a few pieces of the Roasted Squash,sprinkle some of the Mixed Seeds over then add some Pomegranate seeds (optional) and finally a good squeeze of Fresh Lime Juice.

I guess we now reach decision time if you want to eat it messy style with fingers or wrap it in foil to keep the contents together……………if so.

Fold in to middle Tortilla edges…………….then fold Bottom to middle………….then fold top down to middle to complete your Envelope wrap.

To keep it together I like to wrap the Tortilla in Foil just leave out 1 inch of the top then cut this part of the Tortilla top open to reveal the contents…………… Serve with Lime Wedges.

Of course you can wrap them completely in foil and keep them in a warmed oven till ready to eat
Or let them cool and fridge till you want them………..

I had 2 portions left over plus some Tortillas so they will be for my Lunch Tomorrow.

Anyway Enjoy these Finger Food Butternut Squash Tortilla Wraps.

Gazza.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal