Author Topic: The Exact Role Of Allotment Officers  (Read 17839 times)

chopsy

• I love Allotments 4 All
The Exact Role Of Allotment Officers
« on: July 18, 2003, 01:20:42 »
??? Does any one know the exact rolls for the Chairperson, treasurer, and secretary of an allotment association. As the present treasurer seems to want to do everything and as I do the adminstration work for the secretary I would appreciate the advice.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:07 by -1 »

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
Re: The Exact Role Of Allotment Officers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 12:12:58 »
Hi Chopsy - this is from Hull and East Riding Allotments Association, who have their constitution on line at  http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.wiltshire/hull1.htm

Does it help?

"Their committee has a

"President - who shall be a full Executive Committee member.

"Vice-president - also a full Executive Committee member.

"Chairman -who will take the chair at all meetings of the Council and shall by Office be ex-officio to any  subcommittee appointed by the Council. In the case of a tied vote the Chairman will carry a casting vote. In the Chairman's absence from any meeting at the starting time the President or Vice-president shall chair the meeting in full.

"Hon. Secretary - who shall be responsible for the day to day running of the Council and will receive and forward all correspondence appertaining to the Councils business and will report all actions taken at the next Executive meeting.  (My addition - and is responsible for minutes of meetings!)

"Hon. Treasurer - who shall keep a record of all financial transactions of the Council and produce an audited, duly signed by the appointed Trustees/Auditors, balance sheet for acceptance by the membership at each Annual Meeting. All moneys shall be banked in the name of the Council at a bank agreed by the Executive Committee. All withdrawals and cheques shall be made by any two of three signatories named by the Executive.

"Executive Officers - Six posts to serve on the Executive Committee.

"Two Trustee's/Auditors to be appointed and named each Annual Meeting.

"b) All posts to be elected each Annual Meeting."  etc

All best - Gavin
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

chopsy

• I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 00:11:40 »
Thanks Gavin ,

This is a great help to me and I can pass this on to the Secretary who's at his wits end. He wants to get things right for the Association.  We want to make a success of the running our Allotment Association this year.
The previous years have been a little bit of a sham. We want to move on and encourage other people to take on the empty allotments.

merv

• Half Acre
  • Umm, just a pinch of.....
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 16:38:17 »
Hiya chopsy  :D

Do you not have a Federation? Which area of NSALG are you in, because the management committee would fall over backqwards to help you.  

If you have a federation you can have a seat on said committee as well.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal