Author Topic: Gardeners and their cats  (Read 44857 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Gardeners and their cats
« Reply #360 on: August 13, 2006, 22:18:35 »
Dear Merlin

Why does you Mum keep you cooped up in your new house?  Is she scared that we'll go off on one of our adventures again?  If she persists in this manner I suggest you start doing things which make her open the windows.  You know what I mean!   ;)

I'm fine btw, batted a half dead bee today and nearly caught one of those dandylion seed heads but it was a bit gusty.   ::)

Tiger
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Iain D

• Not So New ...
  • I do like to be beside the seaside - mostly!
« Reply #361 on: August 14, 2006, 11:18:47 »
Hi there - just found out there was a cat thread!  I'd love to show off my two but can't seem to post pictures - I'll persevere though  :)  .  Anyway, there's a silvery tabby called Willow (a girl, peculiar - loves getting stroked and cuddled on the bed but a bit stand-offish elsewhere) and a very pale ginger called Barley (a boy, confident, vocal, small and just discovered catmint so that plant's days are now numbered!).  They're both almost a year old and love the garden - unfortunately have also recently discovered next door's garden and am worried they have probably moved most of their toilet areas into there now - neighbours claiming to be OK about it for now but I have said it's OK for them to shoo them off if they want to :)

Cheers, Iain

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #362 on: August 14, 2006, 12:53:48 »
Oh Iain, Willow and Barley sound delightful.  I do hope you manage to post some pics soon - there's lots of advice about how to do it dotted around the boards but basically you either pay Dan for the option of posting pics here (via the PayPal button at the top of this page), or you need a host site such as Photobucket.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #363 on: August 14, 2006, 19:12:45 »
Thanks Heldi, the garden's not bad but I have plans for it and next year I hope to be able to grow a lot of veg too.  Perhaps Merlin in the second pic is thinking "I thought we were going to have some hens" ;D

Ian D, it's easier to pay Dan as posting pics then is really easy, well it must be cos I can do it.  As for the catmint, the only way I can save a plant from Merlin is put an upside down hanging basket over it, that way the poor thing has some protection and Merlin can still enjoy nibbling the plant ::)

MM

Dear Tiger, you will be pleased to know that I am now free to come and go as I please although mum does insist I'm in at night ::)  I expect if I refused to come in of an evening she wouldn't worry quite as much as when we lived at our old house. But tbh I like to share their comfy bed and snuggle up to mum when it's a bit cold. 
You have to be quick to catch a dandylion seed when it's gusty but be careful of bees and wasps as they can sting and I have always been told I should leave bees alone as they are good for the garden.  Have you tried pouncing on a butterfly when it's sunbathing?
Merlin

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #364 on: September 28, 2006, 20:06:22 »
Guardian of the chooks  ::)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #365 on: September 28, 2006, 20:16:24 »
Dear Merlin

I am not impressed with your photo.  Where's the one with the chicken in your mouth?  I also notice that your human has tried the wire basket over the catnip trick.  Surely you have worked that one out or are you a soft northerner now?  BTW, I tried your advice re the butterflies and got a severe ticking off.   :(  However, my human doesn't seem to mind me chasing and eating craneflies and that's great sport around here right now.  ;D  Do you get anything to eat up there?

Tiger

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2006, 20:23:41 »
I hope Merlin and Tiger are better behaved than Joshua's two cats. They have made a real mess of a post which is part of the new fence that has been put up. Scratching post? Looking at the post you would think a tiger (real thing) has been on the loose.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2006, 20:38:13 »
Oi Lorna, you saying I'm not real???   :P

Tiger

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2006, 20:52:26 »
sshh. Sorry Tiger, I thought you were dosing and wouldn't hear me. I will get a photo of Joshua's cats. One is called Laura and the other one is Alfie. Alfie sits on my window sill and looks through the window just to torment Elsa.. If Lorna is round here too long chatting they are both sitting on the mat in my front porch waiting for her!!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2006, 20:59:00 »
Being the nice cat that I am I will forgive you this once.   ;)  If my mum goes out then I dive out the cat flap, scramble over the fence and sit at the end of the drive guarding the house until she comes home.  (Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)  Shelley says it is because I'm a mummy's boy and I can't stand it if she goes anywhere out of my sight but what do girl cats know?

Tiger
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:52:38 by Georgie »

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2006, 21:42:34 »
Looking forward to seeing a pic of Joshua's two cats Lorna :)

Well spotted Tiger but I am afraid I am Catnip-less and the basket is covering an area where mum put in some bluebell bulbs.  I mean would I dig them up, tsk.  I think there is much more chance of those marauding hens digging them up than me.  I mean you should see the mess they make and what does Mum do, she chats away to them and tells them they are clever when they lay an egg.  Am I missing something or aren't hens supposed to lay eggs ::)  Well our lot aren't over generous with them, we don't even get one a day but Mum says we should be happy that they are at last living a more natural life and able to enjoy the freedom of pottering around the garden.  Pottering around the garden ::) more like digging it up.  Hmm hens ::)  Not well behaved like us cats.
O yes loads of craneflies up here in the North but I find there dangly legs a bit of a pain.  As for butterflies, you must pounce when the humans aren't watching.  I got told off the other day for playing with a grasshopper.  No sense of fun, but that's humans for you.  It's a cross we cats have to bear!

Merlin

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2006, 21:54:12 »
Hi again Merlin.  I'm sure my Mum still has some catnip seeds if you could send her your new address?  Pah, only squirrels eat bluebell bulbs to my knowledge and they are stupid creatures, bit like humans really.   Sorry you also having to put up with daft hens - you can always come here for a break you know.   ;D

Tiger

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2006, 08:49:27 »
Dear Tiger
Humans have their strong points - your mum is planning to get some lovely puddy play-doh and spread it all over the garden so you can enjoy rearranging it. Nice and clean on the paws. Watch out for the bag marked Strulch ;)
Your loving auntie SSx

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2006, 09:56:23 »
Dear Aunty SS

Thanks for the tip off.  Mum has seed catalogues all over the table and I was thinking about attacking them and clawing them to bits like I sometimes do to her newspaper.  Perhaps I'll think again now. 

Tiger

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2006, 18:13:31 »
Does anyone want a 1/2 pedigree Maine Coon kitten?

'Mummy Morgan' comes from a line of prize-winning cats from
Kadacoon pedigree. She's brown tabby and has just had her 2nd litter of kittens - fathered by the local 'Chav-Cat'!

Please PM me if you would like one! I'm in Nottingham and the kittens are half-way up the curtains.

10 weeks old on 5th November.
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2006, 20:58:29 »
O so tempting Trixiebelle but I think OH would be none too pleased and the same probably can be said for Merlin ;D
Would love to see pics of them though :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal