Author Topic: gloucester  (Read 5162 times)

lillylottie

• Quarter Acre
  • leo
gloucester
« on: March 20, 2008, 21:27:26 »
any gloucester allotment holders ???this weather ???

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: gloucester
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 16:18:48 »
hiya, lilly, not in your part of the world but welcome to the site  ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 16:24:50 »
I have a static caravan in Gloucestershire with a tiny garden.Lovely part of the world. :)

c0sie

• My allotment blog...
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 20:15:11 »
Hi :)

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but im quite interested to see how many people on this forum are from Gloucester rather than just "the South West".

My name is Cris, im 30 and have lived in Gloucester all my life. I live in a small flat in Tuffley and have no garden at all but have come from living with parents who are quite green fingered and always have enjoyed the idea of gardening/growing from afar.

All my life I have wanted to grow my own veg but have never done so, the majority of my life has been spent being quite the lazy sod living off of pizza and ice cream but ive finally pulled my finger out, "bucked my ideas up" (as mummy would say) and started making an effort to getting myself my land to dig up :)

Ive been offered a "starter" plot of 5m x 5m in Saintbridge which I get to see for the first time this Saturday whilst in the meantime my name is one afew relatively quick moving lists locally.

I found this place (and so much more information) on glosterwomble's blog http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/ which I found after typing "Gloucester allotments" into Google.
Im one of those people who has to read as much information as is possible so I must admit that I have read this blog through from start to finish, as well as http://ashedtoofar.blogspot.com/ which has been hugely informative. There are bound to be more, please let me know of any good blogs that you think would benefit an overly keen newbie :)

Anyways, I'll no doubt be asking all the normal newb questions (and obviously using the search function as much as I can;) ) so hope you dont mind all the silly questions :)

Cris

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 20:21:10 »
Welcome to A4A.

Gosh I was yacking back then and still at it LOL.

We don't hear off Gloucester womble now ,that is a shame as he was such a nice poster.

Good luck and have fun   ;D

c0sie

• My allotment blog...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 20:23:54 »
Hey, thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I had noticed that he doesnt update his blog anymore..shame really as it is a great read :)
Hope he's still enjoying his allotment though :)

Cuke

• Half Acre
  • Abbeymead, Gloucester
    • Growing Our Own
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 13:35:23 »
I'm another Gloucester'ite... Although my allotment is just over the motorway bridge in Upton St Leonards... :)

Good to see another person from around there on here tho... :)
Our little corner of the blogging world http://www.growingourown.co.uk

misfit

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 14:30:11 »
hi all, im in gloucester too, got a plot on the saintbridge site  :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 15:25:58 »
Womble last posted in Mid-December but is probably still looking in...  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal