Author Topic: eviction notice posted on the plot itself  (Read 4714 times)

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
eviction notice posted on the plot itself
« on: January 11, 2011, 20:36:39 »
When I was at the plot last, one plot had had a tiny noticeboard erected on it, and an eviction notice was pasted onto it.

What's all that about? I've never seen that before. It was the only one like it, although there are a few evictions.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: eviction notice posted on the plot itself
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 20:41:38 »
That is disgusting.  Councils would send a letter so I would be of the opinion it could be a committee member.  The plotholder should just say it blew off or was unreadable paper mache due to all the rain and snow ;).  Keep doing so until whoever doing it has to speak to the individual personally.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

PeterVV

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 21:16:18 »
I would think that if the plot hadnt been used for about 12 months, and hadnt paid rent, and there was a waiting list, then fair doos in my book?
We have seen so many good intentioned new plotters, who book a plot, then are never seen again, after one or two visits, or not even that,  then when they are due to pay up cannot be found.

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 21:17:22 »
Why do  people want go round making them selfs look important we put MPS in parliment because there views are close to our own and as soon as they get through the door we are all Alians. The council is the same for a week i have been reading about humans not people on this site being treated terribly the council are to blame they should not pass the buck  if someone has informed them something is amiss have the Guts stick your name on it dont hid ,to me they are low lifes. I would  walk round that allotment with a smile on my face with a pocket full of eviction notices untill who ever the ROLLAND  is could face me and tell me why. i know its easy to say but good luck to you    Rugbypost
m j gravell

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 00:07:30 »
Normally you get your letter, and one month later, plot gets given to someone else - surely if you have moved house without telling the council that's your problem? Maybe not, otherwise I can't see the need to post it on the plot. Oh well, maybe I will never know... 

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 14:35:58 »
our association has in the past posted NTQ on the shed door of an allotment.
before you all rant at me, it was 'cos the folk in question were mis-treating their hens, refused to sign for any recorded delivery letters  the association sent, and were never seen on the site (last winter during the snow before end of year, NO footprints on their plot for 8 days, therefore no fresh water of food for livestock   >:( )

You couldn't make it up!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 14:38:05 »
Why do  people want go round making them selfs look important we put MPS in parliment because there views are close to our own and as soon as they get through the door we are all Alians. The council is the same for a week i have been reading about humans not people on this site being treated terribly the council are to blame they should not pass the buck  if someone has informed them something is amiss have the Guts stick your name on it dont hid ,to me they are low lifes. I would  walk round that allotment with a smile on my face with a pocket full of eviction notices untill who ever the ROLLAND  is could face me and tell me why. i know its easy to say but good luck to you    Rugbypost

most folk who VOLUNTEER to run allotment sites are not in it to 'look important' they are there to run the site for the benefit of all tenants.
if I wanted to 'look important' on a site, I'd just wear a top hat !!
You couldn't make it up!

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 14:50:23 »
I had to do this a few years back from a guy we saw once in a blue moon and who had never done any cultivation. He didn't reply to letters and finally never sent us money to renew. So I pinned the notice to his shed. Turned out he'd moved, but hadn't let us in on the secret.

So he hadn't cultivated, hadn't paid and moved out of the area! He's now an ex-member.

And I agree with Tony - we're not in this job to make ourselves look important! It's bl**dy hard work! It's not paid, you know. And at my age I don't need to add an extra paragraph to my CV!

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 22:00:32 »
I like it as a strategy for looking important! If only more gentlemen took your lead, tonybloke.  :)

So Trevor_D and tonybloke - are you obliged to make sure that the tenant has received the eviction notice then? 

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 22:13:30 »
I like it as a strategy for looking important! If only more gentlemen took your lead, tonybloke.  :)

So Trevor_D and tonybloke - are you obliged to make sure that the tenant has received the eviction notice then? 

we are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure this, if they (the tenant) have moved address, or refuse to sign for recorded delivery, then sometimes putting notices on the shed / plot are the only way forward.
You couldn't make it up!

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 22:16:19 »
Well that explains it then. What a hassle for you.

By the way, I hope you appreciate the sartorial effort I am now making.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 22:19:53 »
are you obliged to make sure that the tenant has received the eviction notice then? 
If it comes to court you'd need to prove service, but that's not quite the same as proving that the tenant got the letter.  The allotments acts say that posting the notice prominantly on the allotment is valid service.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 23:04:55 »
are you obliged to make sure that the tenant has received the eviction notice then? 
If it comes to court you'd need to prove service, but that's not quite the same as proving that the tenant got the letter.  The allotments acts say that posting the notice prominantly on the allotment is valid service.
phew, I must be doing something right!!
You couldn't make it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal