Author Topic: Wyevale garden furniture  (Read 3687 times)

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
Wyevale garden furniture
« on: March 28, 2005, 18:33:57 »
Greenpeace today identified Wyevale garden centres as the worst offender in supplying garden furniture made from hardwood obtained through illegal logging in some of the worlds last remaining rainforests. To find out more go to www.greenpeace.org.uk.

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
Re: Wyevale garden furniture
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 21:15:47 »
B&Q came out of it well mind  :)

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 11:29:21 »
my favouire quote:

Wyevale is one of the few places in the UK you can help destroy rainforests and fund a military dictatorship in one visit"

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 14:14:47 »
Wyevale are one of the main contractors for parks and gardens on many of our councils. Check and see if they are maintaining your local park. If they would rather make profits at the worlds expense. What are they using as pesticides and weedkillers. Is it the cheap banned stuff that is still availiable or the 'safe type'.

They pay their untrained workers the minimum rate so the labour force won't give a d**n.
  Inform your council because you do not really want your council tax going to these criminals do you. I have sent a letter of protest to my local council via the local press. NAME AND SHAME I say.

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 21:46:25 »
 :) phew thought I was the only one who gave a xxxx for a moment there. Yeah, I didn't even know about them till I saw the protest at the local wyevale. Shan't be going there again.  :)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 23:13:01 »
Ooh don't be hasty peeps - they've got electric propagators for a tenner  ;D

Only joking

There's no need to use illegally obtained timber when there's plenty of the legal stuff about.  Ok so maybe it's not iroko but what the heck?  My garden seat was pulled off a bonfire at a local hospital.  One of the back slats was broken but not displaced or anything.  I've still got it to this day and it's never had a lick of varnish or anything.  I think it's elm.  It could have gone up in smoke for nothing.  This throw away society of ours drives you barmy  >:(
I love my seat and use it every day and use it as a potting bench and all sorts
I came, I saw, I composted

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 15:17:54 »
Wyevale......aint they the people who killed the robins last year...nesting in the nursery...fledglings about to fly off soon anyway.

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 12:31:50 »
Yeah, someone on here told me about the robins last year, and I have avoided them like the plague ever since!

Even more glad now that I haven't shopped there.
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 19:25:06 »
aaaaargh!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
these people make me sooooooo cross-yes,they were the robin slayers-nothing gets in the way of greed.......
b&q-i hate 'em./and tescos.....and asdas.....and b****y 'don't do it all.....anyone been in do it all recently-they have piles and piles of s*d all......useless!!!!!
sorry everyone-i'm ranting...i'm off to have a wipe down with a wet jack russel.....
i am fed up to the back teeth with corporate greed ,and the casual; way they excuse their appalling behaviour and are never brought to account.....

*mutter...mutter.....kitty wanders off*
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal