Allotment Stuff > Locations and Sites

Allotment rents - how much do you pay?

<< < (4/4)

markfield rover:
Full plots around £50 . West Midlands .

sparrow:
Half plots on our site are approx 100sqm. Cost £33/year each including water.We're self-managed on a long lease & do most of the maintenance work ourselves so have very few dealings with the Council. Council-managed sites cost £48/year per half plot in the same borough.

limakilo:
I've just been to pick my allotment.

The cost of a half plot is £75 and a full plot is £100. There is also a £20 key deposit, and £40 admin fee for the paperwork. I'm not sure if this is reasonable as it is my first time, but for me, I believe it is still cheap considering what I get. Looking around, it seems much more expensive than most, but perhaps it is something to do with it being a council site.

There are no water fees as their is no water on site.

Digeroo:
I am on a private site.  Gloucestershire.  We pay £90 per year which is for a whole plot, though I have two halfs.  They are slightly bigger than standard.  One is about 167 sq m and the other about 150.  Price included water and manure and the paths between plots are mown.  There is a £25 deposit.  Not many get that back, so you need to add a proportion to the rent.  This year is year 10 for me so that is £2.50 extra per year.  No reductions for oap.

Site has nature reserves on three sides so is an idyllic spot, and mostly quiet until someone gets going with a strimmer or rotavator.  But we do have quite a few pests.   Rabbits. deer, squirrels, voles rats, pigeons etc etc etc,

Council sites are normally cheaper.  But I think councils are having a rethink and are charging more.

skasha:
For me on a council owned and run allotment site that has been worked for the last 30 years as such,
 I have an obscure size at 6 pole that works out to be 150sqm so only 25sqm over a 5 pole and I currently pay just under £100 per year, It is classed as a grade A site as we have segregated male/female loos, and a "mess room" but we have no shop or society on site which I find to be a shame, as both would be amazing facility's to have on site, In my opinion and we have water troughs too but we are not allowed to use hoses, only watering cans 

here is a link to my local authority web page and it includes all rents and rates for allotments
https://new.enfield.gov.uk/services/leisure-and-culture/parks-and-open-spaces/allotment-tenant-enquiries/

Regards
Skasha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version