Author Topic: Hello again, I am back for a visit!  (Read 2692 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Hello again, I am back for a visit!
« on: October 16, 2015, 14:39:17 »
Sorry, I have been very much offline for the past few months. After so many years of faffing around, my partner of 20 years and I finally split. At first it was so hard but now I am wondering if it isn't the best thing that has happened to me in years!   I feel so much less stressed, and free, everything has worked out OK with the kids (my 18 year old son lives with me and my 14 year old daughter lives with me and her dad on alternate weeks).  The only thing now is to settle selling our flat, which is still in suspended animation!  And best of all is that in September I met a lovely man, absolutely not the type of person I would ever have been interested in, as he is a few years older than me, a bit reserved, and quite used to living by himself (he has been divorced a while) but who is so kind and thoughtful. I feel like a teenager again, going out with him, to the movies etc, to the pub. No commitments, just enjoying yourself!!! Everyone I know says how much better I look, full of energy, ha ha.  I realise now that I was living with someone who was so high maintenance in terms of my emotional energy. And now I can devote that energy to other things for myself !

I still have the allotment, although this season has been a bit up and down. First year I have had neither decent pumpkins nor onions, but I finally managed to grow some radishes and carrots!! Don"t know what happened there. Got nice toms though and the green stuff is doing well (cabbages, sprouts etc). For the first time I can sometimes spend a whole afternoon down there, and can actually have time to just admire, and mess around with some of the plants, and not have someone yelling that it takes too much of my time.

I hope that all the people on the forum are well and you have had a great season,
Antipodes
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

mentallot

• Half Acre
Re: Hello again, I am back for a visit!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 16:47:34 »
Feeling like a teenager says it all .... enjoy

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 17:48:45 »
I hope that you mean that you are here to stay not just for a quick visit.
I was wondering about you the other day, glad that life is working out for you and hope that your new fella likes gardening or at least the produce :happy7:

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 19:00:48 »
Glad things seem to be working out for you.

Perhaps I need to find a new partner after all these years being single again lols
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 23:01:56 »
Great to have your news.  Been wondering how your were getting on.   So pleased that you are enjoying your new freedom and new friendship.

Good luck.
Obxx - Vendée France

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 13:47:21 »
Good for you!!! Glad to hear things are more positive and you are enjoying life, that is always good news! :happy7:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 10:59:11 »
Good to see you back Antipodes and pleased that life has taken a turn for the better for you.

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 18:38:55 »
So glad that things are working out better for you now Antipodes.  We've missed you.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal