Author Topic: What did you pick today  (Read 80763 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: What did you pick today
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2016, 17:51:58 »
Blackcurrants - just off to make some Jelly and some blackcurrant vodka!
Peas - a little bit over ripe but a decent crop of a purple podded variety.
Cucs from the poly and plenty of rocket, parsley and salad.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2016, 00:10:47 »
Cherries, gooseberries and red currants...

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2016, 08:58:23 »
First of my Charlottes gathered yesterday, all in beautiful condition so I am chuffed. Today I will be harvesting lettuces, blueberries, mangetout, sugarsnaps, chard, beetroot, courgettes, dwarf purple beans,  last of the turnips, strawberries & gooseberries. 

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2016, 19:05:13 »
Raspberries, blackcurrants , 2 courgettes ,ten gardeners delight tomatoes,  a good two handfuls of pea pods , mint leaves to go on my hot buttery new potatoes  and two very small onions ... thrilled !
Trespassers will be composted !

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2016, 20:57:21 »
Red Currants, cherries, raspberries and apricots. Mixed cherry toms from the greenhouse and Hot Dog, Snookie, PFA and Bikini potatoes from the plot. Had a mixed pan of tatties this evening yum.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2016, 14:49:25 »
Charlotte potatoes, beetroots, lettuces, sugarsnaps, mangetout, first swede, courgette, cucumber, purple dwarf beans.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2016, 16:00:17 »
Nice hauls Jayb and Crystalmoon.  Envy the apricots and the swede, and your tomatoes Woodypecks.  :icon_cheers:
Here cherries, loganberries and blackberries.  And peas, peas, peas .......  lots of lettuce too, carrot thinnings and courgette.  And a bit of chard.  And the last broad beans. 

Got the early potatoes up and replanted the space with leeks, beetroot and turnips.  Potatoes were: the last red Duke of York - well really any that were missed earlier, then Anya, Harlequin, and an experimental type that was given as freebie years ago on potato day, but is still going well with baker sized tubers.  Lastly a strain of Bluebelle x Ratte from tps.  These had very small tubers last year, but much bigger this year.   All tubers were good size no doubt because of the rain. 

Everybody's hard work is paying off, although there has been onion white rot and blight to varying degrees too.   :wave:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 16:03:04 by galina »

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2016, 18:50:02 »
first of my plums and they were fantastic picked around a dozen big with small stones
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2016, 07:21:37 »
What is the variety Johhnyco?  That's very early, fabulous and mouthwatering pictures.  :wave:

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:53 »
first of the swede yesterday...looks great will have it for dinner tonight.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2016, 17:27:40 »
What is the variety Johhnyco?  That's very early, fabulous and mouthwatering pictures.  :wave:
i think its bluetit however i cant be sure i have around half a dozen different varieties and today i had my first outdoor toms sungold fantastic

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2016, 07:51:11 »
Yesterday I picked the last of the Mangetout, some more Sugarsnaps, Chard, Lettuces, spuds, Blueberries, Courgettes, Cucumber & the first of the peas.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2016, 09:34:57 »
Dug up the last of my Charlotte potatoes, the Leeks are ready to follow now. Got a tub full from 3/4 of a raised bed with very little damage, most baker sized so result!

Peas, dwarf french beans, Barlotti cfb's, Tayberries, courgettes of course all going strong, lots of onions but my banana shallots are going to be really good this year, they seem to have bulked up all of a sudden!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2016, 07:33:45 »
Last night I harvested chard, blueberries, cucumber, lettuce, sugarsnaps, peas, courgettes, potatoes, lavender, beetroots, dwarf purple beans. Some gaps coming in my beds that I look forward to filling in a couple of months with spring cabbages.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2016, 09:30:45 »
Garden has come alive last few days with young tender cobra beans and lovely peas which by the way were so sweet as I stood on our small growing area munching them,Raspberries and Green and Red Goosies all been collected daily,caught loads of mackerel at the weekend and made some gooseberry puree to have with the grilled fish...so much nicer not burping all day from the fish when you enjoy a smear of puree on them.....
yes our charlottes have been to die for steamed its so much fun just walking 50 yds and digging up part of your evening meal ....
Rhubarb is a staple and enjoy the stems gently boiled with some stevia arti sugar....the girls don't mind and its so tasty with low fat crème fraiche.....
Green and Red salad onions have been best ever ive grown lovely fat and juicy and tasty snipped on the salads,of course daily herbs are picked and used accordingly.
tried our first success from the green house with our cucumbers forming nicely I tend to pick them 8ins approx. as it cuts down on monsters eating them young....tasty so all good.....tommies ,peppers and chillies all coming along but none to pick as yet.

really enjoy eating from the garden......and yes I do so miss the plot but have to make the best of a small environement.

Gazza

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2016, 09:25:11 »
Yesterday I decided to dig up all of my Charlottes as over the weekend blight has really hit our allotment site hard. It had just started to touch the leaves of my spuds but the plots surrounding mine are full of it & as we had really heavy rain forecast for last  night (which came) & rain all day today then very hot weather forecast I decided to get the spuds up before much damage could be done to them. I will share them with friends & store some in hessian sacks. Got a huge harvest from them but there were still lots of small ones that would have continued growing if left in the soil so a bit of a shame but hey ho such is the annoyance of blight.

Picked lots of cucumbers, lettuce, sugarsnaps, peas, chard, last of red goosberries, blueberries, purple beans, courgettes. Shared some of my harvest with plot neighbour & he shared some of his summer raspberries with me....I love it when this happens  :toothy10:   

Legin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2016, 14:03:05 »
Still eating runner & french beans picked the other day. Today I just collected one round courgette, one ordinary one and five strawberries.

This is my first season with an allotment and due to when I took it on, I'm way behind with crops and a rotation/succession system.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2016, 14:20:26 »
Still eating runner & french beans picked the other day. Today I just collected one round courgette, one ordinary one and five strawberries.

This is my first season with an allotment and due to when I took it on, I'm way behind with crops and a rotation/succession system.
firstly let me welcome you to a4a thereis a wealth of knowledge and tips to grasp here if you have  a problem then here will prob give the answer  hope you enjoy it as much as i have today i picked beans toms blackberries raspberries spring oinins courgettes  josta berries black currants lettuce and spuds in and out of the rain

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2016, 20:16:57 »
I've just come back from picking
A couple of Sweetcorn for tomorrows dinner   :icon_cheers:
Strawberries
A rather masssive Marrow   :toothy10:
Courgettes
Beetroot
Good luck Legin and don't worry about rotation you can start that next year, any help and you only have to ask on here.   :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2016, 22:53:50 »
Pretty mammoth haul today ... it's a really busy time of year.

Courgettes (obviously!)
Achochas
Harlequin potatoes
Red Celery (very strong! not for salads ... just stews & soups unfortunately)
Kohl Rabi
Glory of Enkhuisen cabbage
Mara des bois strawberries
Blueberries
One fig!
Lettuce
Sugar snap peas
Early fortune cucumbers
Carrots

A little bit of everything makes a lovely blended soup for a rainy day with a fruit salad to follow
 :blob7:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal