Author Topic: What did you pick today  (Read 80776 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: What did you pick today
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2016, 03:59:42 »
Lettuce, onions, peas and crunchy radish pods   :wave:

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2016, 06:43:31 »
Last night I picked my first courgette!!!! Usually giving bags away by now but weather has been so awful I didn't think I would get any so very excited to have one  :icon_cheers:
Loads of strawberries every day, never had such a good crop before, growing them in pots has been brilliant this year, copper tape round the pots has meant zero slug damage & I haven't had to net them as the birds don't seem to see them. Really easy to pick too.
Got a good crop of Mangetout to pick today & more turnips, chard & lettuces.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2016, 18:49:00 »
blackberries other soft fruit cabbage lettuce
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2016, 20:13:56 »
Harvested my overwintered Jermor shallots......varied in size and number, one group had 16 large shallots, others had 5 tiny ones!!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2016, 07:29:38 »
First blueberries picked today for on breakfast

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2016, 11:42:52 »
First broadies eaten last night. :)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2016, 13:41:14 »
16 large ones - that's fab!  Congratulations Deb!  Will you be taking some of these for replanting or buy new ones?  :wave:

Harvested my overwintered Jermor shallots......varied in size and number, one group had 16 large shallots, others had 5 tiny ones!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2016, 00:32:15 »
I don't usually save them as they get eaten up pretty quickly, and when I did try saving some to replant they didn't last well and shrivelled up before I had a chance to plant any!  :BangHead:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2016, 07:14:58 »
I guess that's why I replant late autumn, but shallots usually keep longer than onions for me.  I always replant the best.  Enjoy your shallots, Deb   :wave:

I don't usually save them as they get eaten up pretty quickly, and when I did try saving some to replant they didn't last well and shrivelled up before I had a chance to plant any!  :BangHead:

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2016, 21:23:19 »
First tomatoes today (Irish Gardeners Delight)..they never made it into the house.
First mini white cucumber too :)
Spinach, cultivated/mild rocket and lettuce in salad at lunchtime, and coriander for salsa.
Jackie

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2016, 15:44:22 »
Gooseberries, strawberries, blueberries, chard, lettuces, mangetout, sugar snaps, first of my beetroot, turnips, courgettes... lovely big harvest today  :happy7:

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2016, 18:43:32 »
Raspberries, strawberries and rhubarb

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2016, 23:09:04 »
Cherries!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2016, 07:28:59 »
First cherries here too.  :sunny:  And loganberries, the first jostaberries, gooseberries and black currants.  The red and white currants are not quite there yet.

Peas, Red Duke of York potatoes and tons of lettuce.  The new chard plants are coming along nicely too.  And carrot thinnings.  :wave:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2016, 18:53:46 »
Spinach, rhubard, sweet peas and 6 raspberries, eaten at allotment. And the firet cougette. Funny old year. Apples seem 2 b doing ok.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2016, 20:01:37 »
runner beans cucumbers lettuce chillis beetroot carrots peas cabbage blackberries strawberrys raspberrys  blueberries calabrese spring onions gooseberrys flowers had a very busy day today ready for bed already

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:39 »
This year has been strange. Usually the first ripe tom us a sun gold first week of July. Sadly they are still green but the yellow pears are ripening and I gad the first one today. I'm overrun with gherkins and have been trialing pickling recipes.the king horn French beans did well and I have several loads in the freezer. I'm holding of on the duke of York pots as our local show is in two weeks and the category wants six potatoes so I'm sure I'll get through lots of plants to find six matching ones! The making jewel raspberries have been lovely as have a gorgeous pink flowered strawberry called ROman I've had lots of lovely fruit from these in a pot. I've got more broad beans than I know what to do with but the peas never make it into the house ATM. So despite the current bad weather the warm June is paying dividend here on my irish plot.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2016, 08:08:02 »
Dog "harvested" all the ripe strawberries, leaving just stalk and bit of fruit on plants.
We harvested Chard, Rocket, Spinach and lettuce. So had a lovely feta salad with the last three.
Jackie

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2016, 14:19:18 »
blackberries runners and lettuce

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen