Author Topic: plot shot  (Read 9372 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
plot shot
« on: July 11, 2015, 12:16:55 »
thought it would be fun to take a peak at pics of plots a4a people here is is my 2 this morning looking forward to some great shots of plots
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

peanuts

• Hectare
Re: plot shot
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 16:59:13 »
OK I've just been out with my camera and shot from all angles!  not a sunny day here, but then I'm glad as it was 34 yesterday!
The onions are Trébonce onions, a quick growing and very sweet onion.  they are so useful and the only ones I grow.
We planted out leek seedlings last night, as the forecast was cool today, get them off to a good start.
The butternut squash patch on the manure heap has been slow to get going, no water and  too hot, but the first flowers are beginning to show now.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:08:34 »
Great looking plots thank you for showing them, everything looks amazing  :sunny:

I tried to google Trébonce onions, but nothing for them. Are they only local to your area?

Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 16:47:22 »
Ah, I misspelt it - Trébons is the name, a  small commune near Bagnères de Bigorre in the Haute-Pyrenées.  it is a very much sought after onion locally.  The small plants are only available March into April in the markets, so it is necessary to snatch them up when you see them.  They grow quite quickly and can be used initially as salad onions, and then throughout the summer as cooking onions, but they are mild and sweet. We love them, and they seem to be trouble free.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 21:29:03 »
great pics lets hope we get some more  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 17:32:14 »
I'm guessing I'm not the only one put to shame by the neatness of those two plots- not feeling inclined to post a pic of mine! :happy7:

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 18:30:44 »
Please please post photos of your plots/veg gardens!  Mine is anything but neat normally.  But the weather has been so unbearably hot and dry that the weeds that would normally grow like wildfire simply haven't.  The earth is concrete and too hard to hoe, nothing is growing except the plants I planted back in May when it was cooler and camp. 
It is ALWAYS interesting to see other people's efforts, please show everyone!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 18:44:50 »
yes post away  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 18:34:59 »
I may only have 4 raised beds, some tubs and fruit trees but they are all flourishing  :icon_cheers:
Tricia

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 18:39:59 by tricia »

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 19:16:27 »
Wow, Tricia, I'd be so so proud it that was my plot, it looks incredible, and so loved and cared for.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 21:11:47 »
strawberry bed

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 23:19:25 »
Thanks Peanuts - I do the best I can. I'm not very mobile any more, unfortunately, so it takes forever to get the work done - after 20 minutes I have to take a break but I still get so much pleasure out of growing my own fruit and veg I'll carry on as long as I can.

Tricia :wave:

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 02:13:14 »
Excellent piccies Tricia everything looks in its place and well organised.

Gazza

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 05:58:35 »
My garden still needs so much work! My beds look okay but everywhere else is a tip. Weeds, hedge trimmings, bits of pallet wood that I'm going to build planters out of but haven't got round to yet, weeds, pots that need sorting out, weeds, creeping buttercup breaking through weed membrane, fences that need treating, builders' bags full of shreddings waiting to make paths, a temporary compost bin in a big plastic pot, compost bags I haven't decided yet if I want to reuse for something, overgrown hedges, rotting decking that desperately needs replacing, weeds, dead plants that need to be thrown away, and not forgetting of course, weeds. :/

So it would be hard to take photos that don't show horrible ugly neglect.

pumkinlover

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 07:45:47 »
Very impressed and inspired by the lovely plots shown :icon_cheers:
Tricia you seem to make the most of your garden, so glad that it helps you to keep gardening :happy7:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 07:55:24 »
Ah, I misspelt it - Trébons is the name, a  small commune near Bagnères de Bigorre in the Haute-Pyrenées.  it is a very much sought after onion locally.  The small plants are only available March into April in the markets, so it is necessary to snatch them up when you see them.  They grow quite quickly and can be used initially as salad onions, and then throughout the summer as cooking onions, but they are mild and sweet. We love them, and they seem to be trouble free.

They look stunning, I just love the shape and wow what a size, you've grown them well. Are seeds ever available, I'd love to try growing some?

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 07:59:07 »

They look stunning, I just love the shape and wow what a size, you've grown them well. Are seeds ever available, I'd love to try growing some?
That sounds better- have you got your mojo back  :glasses9:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 08:04:28 »
Not quite  :drunken_smilie:
But i'm making plans!

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 08:05:37 »
Trica I love your veggie garden, everything looks wonderful and healthy and you're growing so many different things that look so lush it gives it a tropical feel  :toothy10:

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 12:54:30 »
Jayb, Looking around on the internet, I don't find any mention of Trébons onion seeds.  They are only available  here for about four weeks Feb/March in markets as small plants.  i've grown them the least two years, as i find them easy, trouble-free, and very useful in the summer, as they are mild, and grown usefully big as the season  goes on.  I do nothing apart from sticking them in the ground and watching them! 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal