Author Topic: SLIMMING WORLD (Quick Chicken Curry)  (Read 3598 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
SLIMMING WORLD (Quick Chicken Curry)
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:03:45 »
Yes,you read it here first folks,Gazza has joined the girlies down the FAT club,Jude and I decided that as overweight 50 + somethings
it was now or "God elp us" !!!!!!!!!

so with that in mind im nicking their recipes ....ok....borrowing for our recipe section.... :tongue3:

So NO jars of ready made glug just recipes made from scratch...(if you've the time)

INGREDIENTS

2 large onions, sliced 600ml chicken stock 2 tsp turmeric 3 cardamom pods 1 x 2.5cm piece cinnamon stick 4 black peppercorns 4 cloves 1 tsp ground coriander 1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger 1 tsp ground cumin ½ tsp mild chilli powder 3 garlic cloves, crushed 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced 275ml fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature Salt 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish

Put the onion and 425ml of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.

Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.

Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

If you prefer you can serve it without the yogurt as the spice flavour is more intense.

and equally as tasty  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok back to the recipe.........................

Once the curry is cooked remove from the heat for a couple of minutes,now add the room temp yogurt and continue to stir.

This is a cooler version on the gums,but just as tasty  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plate up and serve with boiled rice and some chopped chilli and coriander.

"Quick Chicken curry"

Enjoy

Gazza
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:07:51 by gazza1960 »

artichoke

• Hectare
Re: SLIMMING WORLD (Quick Chicken Curry)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 13:44:41 »
This looks FANTASTIC, and can barely believe it is not fattening........ How many people does it feed at 4 chicken breasts? I was quite pleased the other day to make two 2-person chicken pies out of two breasts, so two breasts fed 4 people, with loads of veg in the sauce to plump it out.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:25:39 »
This looks FANTASTIC, and can barely believe it is not fattening........ How many people does it feed at 4 chicken breasts? I was quite pleased the other day to make two 2-person chicken pies out of two breasts, so two breasts fed 4 people, with loads of veg in the sauce to plump it out.

Hmmm yes it looks very good - a bit like Rogon Gosh curry without tomato.  Thanks for the recipe, Gazza and good luck with the slimming.   :wave:

To plump out this or similar dishes, chick peas would go well, a little couscous or mushrooms with lots of veg on the side.  I allow for a chicken breast per person, but there are large differences in size between different breasts.  Perhaps 100gr or 4 oz per person, but 6 oz for a big dinner.  Less in pies.   

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 13:05:42 »
yes,they do ,we used 3 medium chick breasts to feed us both + loads of salad,

for me its getting past the .....add ons.......onion bhajis,nann bread and spicy popodoms but im sure ill find some LOW CAL
versions to try.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal