Author Topic: Just a picture!!!  (Read 2977 times)

undercarriage plan

Just a picture!!!
« on: May 12, 2005, 20:51:51 »
I've done it!!! Me and Carol wheeeeeeeee.!!!! Wish there was a fireworks noise.  By the way, all the excitiement due to finally being able to show pics, at last!!!  Lottie

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Just a picture!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 21:01:55 »
Wonderful Lottie, we are now fully fledged members of the A4A photographic section.  Now competition here we come!!!!

p.s.s   do you know how to reduce them???  hehehe

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 21:11:54 »
Beautiful garden.  Thanks for sharing.

Ellkebe

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 21:16:52 »
Can't help myself!! Pic of broad beans!!  I will get control soon.  :o I'll wait til next month before attempting photo reduction!!  Find it all very stressful!!!  But Great fun now I know how!!  Lottie  PS I know I'm in non edibles, and it won't happen again!!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 22:04:14 »
Well done!
Gardening is the great leveller.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 23:13:32 »
It must have been your patient instructions, Eric, I know it worked for me.   ;D

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:08:28 »
Groovy broad beans there UP  :)  Mine are minnows by comparison  :(

As for your photo reduction I just save my photos as "best for the web".  It's one of the options which you get when you do "save as".  It compresses the pic to a size small enough to post on the forum  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 10:22:27 »
Brilliant pic, and how fantastic it feels to achieve a new skill  ;D

To make your pics smaller, i use this
programme.

http://featurecart.com/jpeg/

Click browze......

attatch you pic ......

click optimize.....

and then it loads up and offers you a few different sizes,

click the 25%, save as,give it a new file name, and hey presto your done.

Its dead simple, honest  ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 10:25:33 by honeybee »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 20:01:35 »
Resisted the urge to post another pic!! Didn't think you'd be interested in daughter's cat!  ;)  Thanks for all kind words, still very chuffed, and just to warn you all, I'm taking the camera to the lottie for the weekend.....!! Any requests for a photo!  Tee hee Lottie  PS I put the broad beans in in the autumn, gale force winds here at the min, probably all blown down!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 20:20:16 »
I CHEATED. ::). when pics were put on Pets Corner of my dog and late husband I emailed to my son and he edited and did the business for me... he will show me but to be honest at my age I am just glad I can even get to the boards but when he has half hour to show me (or maybe a few half hours) I will be able to do it myself!! ;D Thanks for sharing your pics. Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 22:09:23 »
Thanks Lorna!! Must admit, it's taken me 3 months to even attempt this!  Just thinking about trying it, brought me out in cold sweat.  Got there in the end.  Daft thing is, after all this time, it's not too hard.  Bite the bullet and give it ago, you'll surprise yourself!! Good luck  Lottie   ;)

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 12:55:16 »
Lorna, i have secretly admired your  skills on the comp, they are very impressive, i have to say. :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 13:17:38 »
Now honeybee.. are you just boosting an old lady's moral or are you taking the mick ??? ??? I must admit the comp has been my salvation after losing Charlie (he bought the whole set up for me a year before we lost him). I have a very large family down  London/Kent way and it is lovely to keep in touch either by email or IM. There are so many photos flying around (I have about 300 on here) that I can see how the families are growing. I really must sort out how to put pics on the board. Have just returned from cemetery I had to SIT at side of grave as my sciatica is so bad at moment I can't bend. However the sun is shining so I have had a cuppa taken pain killers and off to do some gardening. Have a good weekend.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 18:51:33 »
Just speaking as i find Lorna.

Reading your story over the past few weeks has really touched me and i know that a computer can be such a lifeline and i totally admire you for getting to grips with what some might feel is unobtainable.

Good luck to you and everything that you do  :-*

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 21:26:07 »
Yes.. thanks honeybee.... just my sense of humour. I thoroughly enjoy  A4A . I managed to get some gardening done and then had a nice rest. Another day tomorrow. I managed to get the frame up for my clematis... Regards Lorna.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 22:02:33 »
You're a star, Lorna.  Thanks for help.  Lottie

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 23:10:24 »
Right Gals and Boys... the digi camera batteries are on charge  so watch this space ;D I wonder if I could put pics of  the gardens on the Isle of Wight when I go in June and  title them .... "My Garden"  Now that WOULD be cheating ::) Lorna.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal