Author Topic: fruit bushes  (Read 2198 times)

ACE

• Hectare
fruit bushes
« on: October 26, 2014, 16:52:14 »
At Morrisons now. titchy little plants but only 2 quid each.  Tayberry, gooseberry and raspberry

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: fruit bushes
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 19:11:27 »
And how many did you get?

Thanks for the tip....I'm just planning a new fruit bush area and I will need quite number of them to fill the bed. Decided to give in for yet more fruit as we don't seem to get through that much veg.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:14:51 »
I can personally recommend a place called Bunkers Hill Nursery near Woodstock,  I go in person but they will also post them.  Always had good results from their stuff.

They have not got their soft fruit in yet tends to be beginning of November, so it will be nice to see what varieties they have available.

I am also putting more fruit.  I  have taken quite number of blackcurrant cuttings but it will  be a couple of year before I see even a few berries.  I am also trying to extend my cropping periods for strawberries and raspberries.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:27 »
Bunkers hill looks to have some good prices and range, trouble is for me, the postage would add too much. I don't need many bushes as my allotment is going to need some planning to fit everything in. So a couple of gooseberries and a tayberry that I got from Morrisons. The tayberry will  go on the back fence, just a couple of redcurrants needed to give me enough soft fruit. I did strike some cuttings of a black grape a couple of years ago which I had better grow in the garden as the birds will have them at the allotment.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 13:47:42 »
I haven't got to Morrisons, but our local Homebase is closing down and they still had few fruit plants left there...bought just one blackcurrant ...for now, as I have my eye on some plants in RV Rogers cataloque. They've got such a collection of gooseberry varieties that I've finally come to conclusion (after writing endless order lists over the years) what to choose  :icon_cheers:
I'm going to order soon couple of gooseberries and  blackcurrants and I quite fancy outdoor seedless  grape.
And if my cuttings that I made this summer root ok (yes...wrong time of the year and method of rooting), my plot is going to have more new plants that I'm going to fit in.. :icon_cheers:
I'm now planning to fell one big apple tree down...it is poorly anyway...and if I'm not able to 'do something' with the stump regarding crafting, it will all have to come out and existing growing areas will have more room to stretch out...MORE room something else then.. :icon_cheers: :drunken_smilie:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 13:49:51 by goodlife »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal