Author Topic: trailer trash  (Read 2120 times)

ACE

• Hectare
trailer trash
« on: September 25, 2014, 20:02:28 »
We will be on the road tomorrow like a couple of travellers with dogs in tow stopping at Romsley near Brum, then the delamere forest near Chester. On to Ingleton for a folk festival then coming back down to Houghton Mill near Huntingdon for a few days before we set off back home.

Anymore travelling allotmenteers out on the road in the next fornight? weather don't look too bad for the time of year.

Edit, changed text to remove offensive term.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 17:48:03 by Jayb »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: trailer trash
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 07:28:49 »
Sounds like a nice trip.  Wave to us on the way past.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:55:51 »
Heard that Houghton mill is great. Weather good at the moment have a great time.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:12:31 »
Heard that Houghton mill is great.

Really fantastic place to stay, loads of footpaths, rivers to fish in, interesting old mill and only 3 minutes walk to the pub. I loved it there, so did the dogs as they had great big meadows to run loose in without the usual 'Dogs to be kept on leads rule'. The only problem is it the caravan club are giving it up and it closes in a few weeks time. I do not know if the National Trust will carry on using it as a caravan site, they should do as all the amenieties are in place.

We did like Delamere Forest as well, a lovely rousing each morning by flocks of pink legged geese flying to their wintering grounds and really warm, shorts and tee shirts the order of the day. Another place the dogs could run free, but we had to watch them carefully as there was a warning about dogs getting ill if they drank the pond water.

I was totally taken by surprise when the Yeti in Pink Knickers decided she wanted to learn how to play a guitar, although she is always singing annoying songs I would not have taken her to be inclined to play an instrument. So after looking around a few music shops we found a nice model and she strummed away in the shop like a natural. Unbeknown to me she had a few lessons when she was a young girl and  never forgot. So I treated her to the guitar for her soon to be birthday, but got a good deal as I haggled and got a nice banjo thrown in at half price. Great fun in the evenings trying out some old songs, all we needed was some billy bob teeth to be proper hillbillies.

Anyway back home safe and looks like a bit of work down the lottie to work off our daily elevensies cake treats. Found some purple sprouting to plant, they might make it if the weather stays warmish.

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 19:58:55 »
Sad to hear about Houghton mill we had planned to go there. Did they say why? The Caravan club site at Illam hall which is also national trust closed a few years ago.
Sounds like you had a good time. We are with out a tow car now as the Discovery failed its MOT big style Two pages of Fails and two pages of Advisory.!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal