Author Topic: Air Force One  (Read 1510 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Air Force One
« on: September 05, 2014, 18:24:08 »
Just driven past and seen the presidential plane.  Loads and loads of photographers with enormous lenses.

I think they are expecting him to fly home soon.

The place is creeping with police many of them seem to be from Merseyside with yellow vehicles.  We are used to white around here.

Something has just taken off, perhaps that was him.  We are not used to this amount of excitement. :tongue3:

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Air Force One
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 19:40:22 »
We think he flew over our house after visiting Stonehenge.  There were several helicopters plus three V22 Ospreys.  We had never seen Ospreys before.  They looked like something out of a science fiction film. We had to Google "military aircraft cross between helicopter and turbo prop" to find out what they were.  I don't suppose Obama was in one of them as they have a bad reputation for crashing but we are pretty certain he would have been in one of the helicopters.  The timing of it corresponded with his visit to Stonehenge, which is about 2 miles from our house.

Just an update.  The helicopters and three Ospreys have just flown back over our house.  My OH says that Airforce 1 was at Boscombe Down so Obama was probably dropped off there.  I'll be looking out for that next!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 19:50:51 by Paulines7 »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 21:49:09 »
I think there are two, there was certainly one at Fairford this afternoon.  Would not surprise me that he took off from somewhere else.   How amusing all those photographers in the wrong place.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 22:18:30 »
so everything's sorted in the world
I can sleep easy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal