Author Topic: WHERE HAVE ALL THE STANDUP TOOTHPASTE DISPENSERS GONE?????  (Read 3536 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
I always buy the stand up toothpaste dispensers with the pump trigger at the top. I have noticed over the past few months that they have become almost non existent in most shops and supermarkets. On my last trip to ASDA only Colgate was available with only two tubes on the shelf?

Whats going on?

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

ACE

• Hectare
Re: WHERE HAVE ALL THE STANDUP TOOTHPASTE DISPENSERS GONE?????
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:36:05 »
I expect they are just too expensive for most people at over a quid a time when a tube of paste is cheaper to make at 40p. It won't be long before we are back to those little hard tablets we used to scrub the brush on to get a lather.  I also expect the residue left inside and the mixed plastics makes them unsuitable for recycling. I cannot put tooth paste in my mouth without gagging, so I use powder which is also very hard to find. If we do come across it we stock up for the year.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 07:51:07 »
Can't help as never seen one! What is the advantage?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:56:42 »
Can't help as never seen one! What is the advantage?

Nothing really, but very nessesary if you are a Hyacinth Bucket type of person. :angel11:

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:58:45 »
 :glasses9: :glasses9: :glasses9:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:56:06 »
I always buy the stand up toothpaste dispensers with the pump trigger at the top. I have noticed over the past few months that they have become almost non existent in most shops and supermarkets. On my last trip to ASDA only Colgate was available with only two tubes on the shelf?

Whats going on?

Duke

Never bought those because they are more expensive.  We get the tubes that stand on their head.  Occasionally I buy tubes that have a small top, rather than the wide top and I just transfer the wide top from the last tube.  The threads are all the same.

Can you transfer the pump part to another toothpaste tube?

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 09:13:04 »

Never bought those because they are more expensive.  We get the tubes that stand on their head.  Occasionally I buy tubes that have a small top, rather than the wide top and I just transfer the wide top from the last tube.  The threads are all the same.

That is a great tip! 

** Thinks: Hyacinth is much misunderstood **

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:57:06 »
I am sure they will reintroduce something new soon with some brilliant marketing just Like those new compressed deodorant containers! I am with the Aceman it's probably not very cost effective packaging.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal