Author Topic: Willow weaving  (Read 1450 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Willow weaving
« on: March 18, 2005, 22:26:19 »
It is something I have always wanted to have a go at, and watching Gardeners World tonight, I feel even more inspired.  Any of you lot done it?  Any recommendations of where to get the willow from??

TULIP-23

• Hectare
Re: Willow weaving
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:17:26 »
E.J. :D

ReF; Gardener World

I think Monty said the Facts can be found Concerning the Willow On the BBC Gardeners WebSite!!

However he did mention that Garden Centres are now stocking Willows But you need to know the Type you need
................but then surely you'll get that from the Garden Centre!!

Found that one very Interesting.....its open to your own Artistic Moods!!.............Good Luck.

If you have a Go   PIcture and Postings OK....Promise 8)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:19:31 by TULIP-23 »
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 14:14:39 »
I bet it doesn't have to be just willow.  I'm going to have a try at making some bean supports with stuff out of the hedge bottom and then weaving thin, whippy stuff between.  It might not look as pretty but it'll be ok for beans as they'll cover it up once they get going.

Have got loads of privet hedge cut down last month just sitting there on the plot waiting for something constructive to be made from it rather than just burning it as I don't have a shredder. 

Now then where's me loppers .....
I came, I saw, I composted

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 17:03:50 »
I have always wanted to have a go too EJ! A few years back I tried to order willow but it had sold out  :'(  Now I have used up the space I was going to put it!! I shall just have to move house! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 15:28:32 »
I'd love to have a go. But don't really have the room in my garden. I was thinking about it maybe as a screen around the new vege area, but I was concerned about it casting shadows over other plants. And then I also wouldn't be able to reach half the beds, so back to the drawing board...
gone to pot :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal