Author Topic: The nursery is empty  (Read 1830 times)

ACE

• Hectare
The nursery is empty
« on: May 30, 2014, 21:11:46 »
Apart from a few rejects. All packed on trucks trailers and vans and heading up to the NEC for Gardeners World Live. They have all been deflowered ready for fresh blooms on the garden when the judges come round. Crates of foxgloves, tubs of sweet peas, loads of the usual fillers like alchemilla mollis,hostas and ferns, even a couple of crates of home grown stinging nettles. The roses will come from David Austen, who always pick us out a truck load of specimen plants.

A complete camomile lawn and tons and tons of colourful bedding. The shrubs and trees went up last week and are struggling with the midlands low light levels. The only thing they left behind was me. I ain't going to construct another show garden, leave it to the youngsters, I'll just help to grow the plants at home.

Look out for the garden if you go. They wanted a sensory garden but that has been done to death, so we are giving them 21 senses which is the name of the garden built for the BBC.

Go on the last day for the sell off, there will be plenty of bargains from our garden as we don't have room to bring them home and plant them in our own gardens.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: The nursery is empty
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 22:23:06 »
i may well see you there on the Sunday then Ace and may get to chat, but in the past you have always been busy with other folks. look forward to seeing the garden.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 07:30:48 »
If you need any help with transporting plants my Micra (spit) is available.  :tongue3:
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:33:12 »
If you need any help with transporting plants my Micra (spit) is available.  :tongue3:

We do have a load of nettles to move :tongue3: Why don't you pop over and have a couple of hours on the garden, I think Bill and family are dropping in to help. Good fun seeing it all come together.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal