Author Topic: Windows Live Mail - help please  (Read 2831 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Windows Live Mail - help please
« on: May 07, 2014, 14:19:47 »
I use Windows Live Mail for my emails but recently have started having a problem
when I try to send Bcc to our plot holders.  This comes up "The message could not
be sent. Type an email address for one or more recipients in the To, Cc or Bcc boxes."

I have all the plot holders emails in a group called 'allotment emails' and always send
Bcc because some of them object to their email addresses being made public. They have
always been sent without problems in the past.

I haven't altered any settings, what am I doing wrong?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Windows Live Mail - help please
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 14:57:30 »
You should just be able to send a bcc mail without anything in the to: field.  The only thing I can think of is that Live mail is not recognising your group as a valid address.  Do the mails ever get sent?  You could try adding yourself in the to: field which should get rid of the error message and allow the email out.  Do you just type the group into the bcc field?  I would suggest selecting it from the address book to see if it makes an odds.  Sometimes there is a file that contains recently used addresses - if that gets damaged then you can get problems trying to send mail - selecting it from the address book may route round this issue.  Let me know how you go.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 16:09:38 »
Thanks Nick,
The mails used to get sent without a problem.  If I add myself in the bcc the mail will go, but only I
receive it.  (I ask for read receipt and don't get any) I don't type the group name, I select from the
address book.
I'm wondering if maybe there is a limit to the number of names in a group? There are 87 in the
group.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 18:44:10 »
I regularly send out emails using Ncc but only to about 10 people.   All of their names are in a folder which I click on then click in the Bcc box which opens up all the names of the people.   All I do then is send it. I seem to seeing something about a fairly recent update to Windows Live Mail.   If there was, I would have updated mine.   Hope this helps.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 18:50:42 »
Sounds to me like an issue with the group or how you select it as your mail program is not recognising it as an valid thing to send emails to.
Either recreate the group or try editing and saving the original one.  It is either that or you need try to pick it from the address book again.  As I mentioned there is a file that conatins your recently used mail addresses - that could be at issue and you can get round it by selecting the group again from the address book or whatever it is called in Live mail!

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 21:14:26 »
I split the group into 3 of roughly equal numbers and it worked!
Thanks Nick and Merv for your help.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:27:12 »
You can now put those three groups into one group (a group of groups) to save time!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal