Author Topic: A bit wet.  (Read 1641 times)

digmore

• Half Acre
A bit wet.
« on: March 18, 2014, 20:22:55 »
Started the day with a passion, marched down to plot, planted out onion sets both red and white. Set carrot, parsnip and scorzonera seeds, set up drain pipes with compost and parsnip barrel, suddenly realised I was wet through, never noticed it had been raining. Passion or an age thing. Sod it, knocked off and went into greenhouse for a coffee and a biscuit. Steamed quietly. Lovely morning.

Digmore.  :wave:

Golach

• Half Acre
Re: A bit wet.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 22:26:29 »
I had to work.  Would much rather have been working on the plots.  Just so much to be done sorting out two very overgrown plots but hoping to get No.1 plot with some veg, peas and beans growing on it shortly.  At least No.2 plot will give strawberries and raspberries this year.  There's some well established plants on there.

It was quite cool here today and we had a shower of rain in the morning but by afternoon the sun came out and it got a little warmer but not by much.

Hoping the weather's good at the weekend.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:35:11 »
Sounds like wonderful day out...and if you didn't even notice the rain, you truly have enjoyed it  :icon_cheers:
Not quite so idyllic over here..it was grey, over cast day with COOOLD winds, but I did get out and was stopped by rain..persistent one..and hail... so that stopped the 'play' everywhere was wet again. Oh well..at least I got some spread fertilizer washed in...that should get garlic going.. :toothy10:

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 14:39:53 »
I did not notice on Sunday that I was knackered !  :toothy10:
After having planted all the red onions, the early spuds and 5 jerusalem artichokes, plus the first sowing of peas and snowpeas. I got stuck in with the pickaxe to break up the soil before planting, I was quite puffed! No rain though ;-)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal