Author Topic: Need help please got odd problems  (Read 1723 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Need help please got odd problems
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:51:29 »
When I click on a thread I can only see half of it.  The right hand side is fine but the left hand side shows the message that 'This page can't....'  Make sure the web address etc etc, Only I can only see the left hand side of that message,

If I leave the page then sometimes it will be correct when I get back.

I have also lost the ad banner.

Outlook is up the creek sometimes it is worse than at others.  I can receive mail and sometimes see it but not reply and certainly not send.   On other sites bits are missing.  There is a game on line call Netwalk and I have lost the game but not the other stuff on the page.

Can anyone advise what might be happening.

I suspected a virus, and tried to contact Avasti, but it will not allow me to see the connection code and type it into the box, and they do not seem to respond to emails.   I am beginning to wonder whether avasti is a load of rubbish.

The good news is I have lost the constant messages by Norton to pay.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Need help please got odd problems
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 10:35:10 »
In the end I did a  system restore.  It look ages and finally ended in a message saying that some unknown reasons it was unsuccessful.  But it has cured the problems.

So I seem to be fully back in business and my battery is charging properly as well.  It kept on switching off and running down the battery.

I am not at all pleased with Avasti.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Need help please got odd problems
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 11:04:55 »
I had exactly the same when I accessed A4A via the old Google search page.  As soon as I swapped to Google Chrome all that nonsense stopped.  I don't think it is a virus, just an interface problem. 

I only kept using the old Google, because that got me to the old Google mapping.  Have since found that there is a way of getting back to the old Google mapping from the new version.  Still not friends with the new version.  Sorry I am half going back to another post you wrote a little while ago.

Google Chrome as default search page seems to have cured the same problem you describe here - fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:09:13 by galina »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal