Author Topic: Eviction help  (Read 11961 times)

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
Eviction help
« on: March 01, 2014, 00:10:08 »
I have posted a number of posts about me personally  being Assaulted,  and my Eviction way back March 2013 this after many months of turmoil/health and family worry, awaiting for the case to come to court the final outcome from the British courts and judgement--- (Well the latest update this Sec pleaded Guilty of Assault by Bashing in Court,,, it looks as if the CPS solicitor Has sold my case short as i have received a eviction order from the committee saying as the Sec won the case (after pleading Guilty)!!and paying the CPS Costs I falsely accused him of assault and he was cleared and discharged by the courts ?? the letter unsigned from the Allotment committee states my sub-tenancy will not be renewed and i have to be OFF  my allotment by the 31st March 2014 any justice in this country can any one PLEASE  tell me )??? :BangHead:     

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Eviction help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:49:03 »
I really do not understand how you can plead guilty and then get off.  I suggest the local newspaper.

Have you got written proof he pleaded guilty?

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:40:31 »
I really do not understand how you can plead guilty and then get off.  I suggest the local newspaper.

Have you got written proof he pleaded guilty?
Yes i have a letter from the CPS which states his plea was guilty to Assault by Bashing but like the guy he is, he was around to my plot to goad me about He Won and I lost with a fair number of F words thrown in !!!!! which i recorded on my mobile and the police are not interested with his bulling and aggressive manner !! 

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 19:10:14 »
1 word....     move
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:56:01 »
1 word....     move

I was thinking exactly the same thing..... move!

The letter was probably written by the Secretary with or without the other committee members knowing about it.  Dealing with all this can only be detrimental to your health.  This awful man is never going to leave you alone.

Your profile doesn't say where you live.  Are there any other allotments nearby? 

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 14:01:46 »
1 word....     move

I was thinking exactly the same thing..... move!

The letter was probably written by the Secretary with or without the other committee members knowing about it.  Dealing with all this can only be detrimental to your health.  This awful man is never going to leave you alone.

Your profile doesn't say where you live.  Are there any other allotments nearby?
Thanks for your input at present i am making arrangements to move after 46 years it will be a big  wrench 1 poly tunnel 2 green houses and a shed but well worth it at the age of 74 health wise ?? i cannot get my head around it how can you plead Guilty and think you won he has even conned the Management at the Council he won !! gullible comes to MIND  :BangHead: 

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 14:41:21 »
Vidcare,
There appears on the internet the attached
"http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/10355629.No_council_action_after_allotment_fight_between_pensioners/?ref=nt
If this was your incident, then I suspect that the Police caution refered to is not a court verdict.
From the details published in the paper they give you the name of the reporter who wrote the article. I would be very surprised if they would not run another article detailing your allegations and the outcome that you are facing. It would obviously be a matter of judgement on your part as to whether you consider it in your best overall interest to continue. I think the advice proffered above: to relocate is the simplest.I wonder whether you would not be best served by either returning to the Council asking for a transfer to a convenient site. As to moving the chattels, perhaps they would assist. In my experience, local council officers will do almost anything to avoid the spotlight of publicity. Good luck.
Please send PM if you wish.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 14:59:37 »
Vidcare,
"http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/10355629.No_council_action_after_allotment_fight_between_pensioners/?ref=nt
If this was your incident, then I suspect that the Police caution refered to is not a court verdict.
From the details published in the paper they give you the name of the reporter who wrote the article. I would be very surprised if they would not run another article detailing your allegations and the outcome that you are facing. It would obviously be a matter of judgement on your part as to whether you consider it in your best overall interest to continue. I think the advice proffered above: to relocate is the simplest.I wonder whether you would not be best served by either returning to the Council asking for a transfer to a convenient site. As to moving the chattels, perhaps they would assist. In my experience, local council officers will do almost anything to avoid the spotlight of publicity. Good luck.

Vidcare, if that is indeed the story of your assault, then the assailant has officially accepted criminal liability by accepting a police caution.  So he has admitted guilt.  There will be no further action, so the case won't come to court.

If you threatened that you'd have him sent to prison or some such, then he has "won" in the sense that no punishment will be meted out, other than an addition to his criminal record.  His case may indeed have been discharged by the court, but he has NOT been cleared.

If the letter sent to you accuses you of making a false accusation, then the author of the letter is mistaken.  Accepting a caution is in law exactly the same as pleading guilty.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 15:44:37 »
Vidcare,

Vidcare, if that is indeed the story of your assault, then the assailant has officially accepted criminal liability by accepting a police caution.  So he has admitted guilt.  There will be no further action, so the case won't come to court.

If you threatened that you'd have him sent to prison or some such, then he has "won" in the sense that no punishment will be meted out, other than an addition to his criminal record.  His case may indeed have been discharged by the court, but he has NOT been cleared.

If the letter sent to you  of making a false accusation, then the author of the letter is mistaken.  Accepting a caution is in law exactly the same as pleading guilty.

great find on that story but its not my case my case was printed in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle as its
" not all roses in the garden" some thing like that it was well before the case went to court  and nothing since but worth a think of contacting editor I agree with plead guilty then you admit the charge because some old magistrate thinks other wise and the CPS solicitor "quote from the accused " saying in his words in court when the 8ft gate was kicked against me and sent me flying catching my ankle and hip sending me to the ground " i took a football dive"  and the CPS Solicitor agreed !! ending up with me attending the doctor and hospital for a x ray on my shoulder i hope i get a meeting with the guy in charge of leisure and Allotments at Newcastle upon Tyne council he promised me a meeting last week still waiting!!!
my first question will be if you admitted of doing a injustice  "guilty plea " because the judge or magistrate did not give you a sentence would that make you innocence of the injustice IT Smells  :BangHead:   

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 16:02:44 »
From what has been said he has not 'won the case' and you should send a cop of the details and the eviction order to the council and the committee chair and ask them to sort it out. 

Sounds to me as if you have been there too long to be able to relocate to a different site. 

If the guilty party is facing no action, it stands to reason that the innocent party should also face not action.  I certainly would get back to the newspaper about it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 16:05:13 by Digeroo »

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 16:30:12 »
Vidcare,
Many Thanks for your info most interesting No this is not my case   the Guy head of the Allotments at Newcastle upon Tyne Council a Mr D Fay  he was full of appointments for a full week he promised me to get in touch with me last week ! I'm still waiting 7 days without any word from him when I first maked contact with him the first comment he said was O i have talked to the Allotment officer and he said I refused to shake hands with our Sec when he consulted me and goaded me about him winning the case which is a total lie as it was me who offered to shake and draw the line!!!
i get the feeling DONT WANT TO KNOW  as i chased appointment up with a phone message as he was out of his office and still waiting  :BangHead:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 17:13:38 by vidcare »

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 17:10:39 »
From what has been said he has not 'won the case' and you should send a cop of the details and the eviction order to the council and the committee chair and ask them to sort it out. 

Sounds to me as if you have been there too long to be able to relocate to a different site. 

If the guilty party is facing no action, it stands to reason that the innocent party should also face not action.  I certainly would get back to the newspaper about it.
Thanks Digeroo
just dropped a email to the editor of the Newcastle Chronicle  i like your  "If the guilty party is facing no action, it stands to reason that the innocent party should also face not action. " will keep every one informed of any reaction  :blob7:

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 17:07:24 »

Thanks Digeroo
just dropped a email to the editor of the Newcastle Chronicle  i like your  "If the guilty party is facing no action, it stands to reason that the innocent party should also face not action. " will keep every one informed of any reaction  :blob7:
This Sec has given every plot holder a letter saying if there is any reaction /criticism or gossip on the court case and my eviction the person or persons will be dealt with eviction!! The (dictator) must be worried  about a Possibility uprising of a extraordinary AGM HaHa
its all against the Constitution let them get on with his bulling !!!! as I AM LEAVING to a different Allotments and nearer to home  and better rent, regret after 46 years(74 years old) leaving this way and letting the Big BULLY getting away with it,I give it my best shot being on the end of a physical assault that came my way  !!!If only i was 20yrs younger  dam dam
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 18:05:42 by vidcare »

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 17:44:38 »
So glad you have another place to go to... hope the paper runs the story.
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 17:47:41 »
What happened to free speech.  Hope your new allotment is great and you meet loads of friendly people.  Sometimes you cannot reason with nasty/ignorant people.  Part of my pleasure in the allotment is the people, who are helpful and generous.  Probably, much as I can sympathise with you, it is better to move on as you don't know what this man if capable of.  Good wishes and happy growing.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 18:08:15 »
I different allotment sounds good to me.  It will certainly be an upheaval but you cannot be enjoying your plot with all that agro going on.

I do hope that your move is a success.   There have been several threads in the past and in the end a move turns out to be for the best.   I am sure he will get his come uppance in the end.   
If I received a letter with a threat of eviction for gossiping I would simply laugh. 

I think I would invite as many people (apart from the sec) as possible for a farewell drink and have a good chat.   He will think you are talking about him and it will wind him up, when in reality he will not even get a mention.  Maybe a toast to absent friends.

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 19:12:34 »
Sorry that you feel that you have to move- but may be the best decision.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 19:21:12 »
Sorry that you feel that you have to move- but may be the best decision.
Well the latest is I have been Asked to attend a meeting with the Guy in charge of Newcastle Council leisure and allotments next week it will be interesting as I have decided to re allocate and have a appointment with my Solicitor on Friday, can I ask if any one pleads Guilty of a charge although the sentence from the court deems your sentence as absolute discharge  and the formal recording that the defendant had committed a criminal offence ? Guilty or not Guilty...your response please ..  in reverse a plea of NOT Guilty can be and is changed many times by a offender in court to Guilty but put me right reverse your plea is accepting your Guilty thus your accepting you are Guilty ? cos this OFFENDER is saying he is innocence???  :angel13:   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 20:02:13 by vidcare »

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 21:08:39 »
Are you sure he has not been bound over to keep the peace?  That is different.  Ask the court for details of the case.  It is public knowledge.   An absolute discharge does not mean he is innocent.   

If he tells people that then I think he is wrong.

http://sentencingcouncil.judiciary.gov.uk/sentencing/discharges.htm

Hopefully your solicitor will be able to clarify the situation for you.

It could have a devastating effect on his car insurance.

https://www.insurable.com/convictions.html

As you can see the absolute discharge is on the list of convictions.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 21:30:38 by Digeroo »

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 22:06:56 »
He now has a criminal records which will last for six months.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal