Author Topic: St Helens, new agreement.  (Read 2275 times)

digmore

• Half Acre
St Helens, new agreement.
« on: February 27, 2014, 12:36:19 »
Hi everybody,

Following on from a item I posted last year about allotment eviction notices in the St. Helens Borough.

The long awaited new allotment agreement is due to be issued out across the St. Helens Borough in the next couple of days. All tenants where issued with the correct eviction papers last year in lieu of the new agreement being issued.

The new agreement is bound to cause some disturbance, however it will bring all sites in the borough onto the same footing, rule and standard wise.

The input in the affairs of their own allotments will hopefully show the way forward in terms of future investment by the council; allotments not only in this borough but across the country have sadly been backwaters of concern to councils and consequently been allowed to fall largely into disrepair and as a result they are costing tens of thousands of pounds to bring back up to a reasonable standard.

The new agreement, if acted upon correctly by both the council and tenants will bring St. Helens Council/Borough to the fore front of the allotment movement in this country.

There has always been and always will be detractors on any subject or project, but once the agreement has been looked at and absorbed, hopefully it will be accepted as a forwarded looking document.

I, for one will only be to glad to see sites revitalized and functioning to their original concept, food production for people who wish to grow their own and not being used for all sorts of purposes other than growing food.

I make no apology for sounding management, I will fight and promote any cause that brings benefit to the allotment movement in this country and to the people who demonstrate they deserve it.

I will also stand and defend anyone who is being bullied or abused either by the council or another tenant.

Digmore.  :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal