Author Topic: Google Maps  (Read 1526 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Google Maps
« on: February 19, 2014, 20:05:20 »
Since yesterday there has been a major change to google maps.

Does anyone know how to find the live traffic?

My daughter contacts me for live updates.

Its really ghastly - things popping up all over the place and then they will not go away again.  They obviously did not test this out with a panel of geriatric complete idiots.  I am struggling with it.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Google Maps
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:41:33 »
I have been using the new maps for a while and have got used to it.
If you want, for now at least, you can go back to the old maps.  Click on the question mark in the bottom right corner and that pops up an option.

On the new maps traffic is selected by using the search bar in the top left.  However you need to clear the search bar (click on the X) and you should have an option under "Getting Around"
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 18:27:22 »
Many thanks.  I am starting to find my way around now.  Its just they suddenly change things without warning and very little in the way of instructions.

Luckily my daughter did not get stuck in traffic but she calls me (hands free) to get her out of it or at least tell her how long she will be stuck. 

Wonderful many thanks got the old map format back.  Phew.

I do hate boxes popping up all over the place.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 13:50:18 »
You are not the only one, Digeroo.  Google changed on me in the middle of planning a journey.  I struggled on with the new format to finish my 69 step journey, but found it near impossible.  When I found the '?' button offering the old format, I was so happy!!!

I showed this 'mess' to my son yesterday and he said he found it very intuitive and likes it?!?  Must be an age thing.  I also detest things popping up like the photos at the bottom distracting me and I find it much more difficult to 'drive' the yellow little man to check for visual characteristics of for signposts at waypoints.

Thank you both for instructions on how to use life traffic updates.  Never used that but going to now!   :icon_cheers:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal